Boswell Christmas Cookie

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJPHOTO

Reaction score
I'm not much of a reviewer, but I wanted to chime in here to write a short snippet about this great aromatic blend. As many of you know, I'm big on the oriental/latakia blends, but I've always been on the search for an aro that I could smoke in the house that a) didn't boil my tongue b) actually had flavor and c) didnt' goop up my pipe.

Boswell's Christmas Cookie fits all of these criteria... at least for me. I've never experience any bite from it and although it doesn't have a huge flavor bomb like Maltese Falcon or others, it does very well for an aro. Plus, the room note is wonderful and gets lots of comments... never leaves the house smelling like an ashtray.

As far as the aro goop, I just smoked a large bowl of it in my grandfather's old Savinelli (not the best of pipes) and it burned all the way to the very bottom without a relight, tamping, etc. and dumped out nothing but ash.

As far as aromatics go, this is by far the best I've tried - and I've tried a TON of them. I've opened many tins to smoke one bowl and toss the rest in the trash. Boswell has a wonderful blend in Christmas Cookie.

I concur, brother. I try and keep few ounces around the house. It is a crowd pleaser for sure.

Agree 1000% This has become a must for me. I have 2lbs for backup god forbid something happens. This and Berry Cobbler.

I enjoy Christmas Cookie. Nice flavor. Prefer the Berry Cobler though. A little more flavor and still no bite!

I agree. CHristmas Cookie is a fine blend but I prefer Chocolate Cream and Sweet Tea. All three are great Boswell blends. I've been complementing Boswell aromatics so much on different sites they should put on staff!

Bosewell does aromatics right and you might try Dutch Treat as well. But I am with you on the Christmas Cookie for an aro.

I do like Christmas Cookie quite well and keep lots of it in the celler but I think Majestic 586 is much better.

dans no bite delite is my fav aro.BUT all of them are better than great.I have been smoking them for a long time and have lbs and lbs of most.Yes, sweet tea is great,and cheery smash,xmas cookie,all of them.Plus you are supporting the salt of the earth when it comes to pipes and tobacco.MY life is better because J.M. DAN and thier ladies exist.I cant say enough.Wonderful people.

Has anyone not been able to taste the "cloying sweetness" of aromatics. I've tried maybe a dozen of the well known aromatics and don't taste the smell of the pouch or tin.

"My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom. " William T. Sherman

Like any others, there are good aromatics and bad, you have to find the one thats is good to your tastes. You can't judge by a few trys. if you want to taste what you smell in the pack, here are three that will deliver:

MacBaron's Vanilla Creme
Stanwell Melange
Lane BCA

Try them, you might just like them.