Bowl Coating Public Admission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harlock999":xe9sgkxf said:
Puff Daddy":xe9sgkxf said:
Harlock999":xe9sgkxf said:
Anyone know what recipe Robert Cooper uses to coat his estate pipes?
I'm not sure what's in it, but you don't want to come in contact with it. It makes your hands shrink :eek:
Lol!
That is funny!
So he's not just a magician practicing a "slight" of hand?
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Another option that hasn't really been discussed is... who is your target market? Are you targeting new smokers who don't know their ear from a hole in the ground? Or, are you targeting experienced smokers who have opinions?

New pipe smokers are faced with some many decessions when they decide to pick up the pipe for the first time, having to choose if they want a coating or not is just one more blind decession. Experienced smokers, on the other hand, obviously have strong feelings on the matter.

If you are targeting experienced smokers, I think offering an option is you best bet. If you are looking into mass production and lower costs, you might be better off making a decesion and sticking to it.

I don't know one small time carver that's seriously pondering the notion of, "...gosh, how do I grow my business into something like Peterson or Savinelli?" :lol: It'd probably be a financial pit and more trouble than it is worth, the buying market what it is. Then again, I could be wrong.

Regardless, the little guys can pay attention to details in areas quite a few of the bigger manufacturers cannot, or will not. Therefore, the smaller guys' products are going to likely appeal to those with pocket change and/or experience, due to the price and quality/artistry. By that, choices are probably their best bet. ;)

U-Man, thanks for putting up this video for us to consider. I also find it thought provoking (read: goes against what I thought I was sure of!). I find it a positive attribute for a person to consider evidence offered (not political opinion or belief) in coming to their own conclusions. Humans are nothing if not adaptable (well, most are, but here in Arkieland several of our political leaders have some of the finest minds of the 8th century :roll: ).

Natch