Brand New Pix of My Smoking Lounge

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa, indeed, a private museum! :shock: Just how cool is that. Makes me want to start collecting something obsessively. :D

Ok, I thought that JM Boswell had the finest collection of tobacciana but yours is now the finest I've ever seen. How long did it take you to accumulate those prizes? Too much to take in at one viewing. Do you do tours? (seriously...)

monbla256":92lebpk4 said:
On the two shelves behind the plaid chair, are the two white tobacco jars some special Dunhill jars? I have one a friend brought back from Jermyn St. for me years ago but it just says Dunhill on it and those look like they have more imprinting on them. Inquiring minds want to know :p
Good eye. Yes. Dunhill made three large, non for sale to the public jars. They were "Early Morning Pipe", "My Mixture" and "Nightcap". These were sent from Lane Limited to tobacco shops that sold a large amount of Dunhill tobacco. They were "on loan" and not to be sold by the shop. Of course though, many shops sold their's. Their value changes with the wind. I've seen the EMP go for over five hundred dollars and the My Mixture go for as little as a hundred. Next week the prices could rise or fall. Weird...

The other version is a smaller jar (1/2 the size) and were sold by Dunhill to the public. They're not uber rare but not common either. These came out in the 80's as I recall.

riff raff":82xghl1r said:
Ok, I thought Do you do tours? (seriously...)
Absolutely! Bring the MG up and we'll make a day of it...

I'd be a terrible conversationalist in a room like that. I'd focus on getting a good look at everything and miss what is being said.

Nice place Dock.

Great gobs of gopher grease man!!! Lots of really great stuff. I love it. Thanks for sharing Dock.
Jim

I like to collect a lot of little things too, i never have enough shelf space and it just kind of ends up everywhere but I still always know where everything is.

Truly magnificent! Just plain amazing. Kudos.
Thank you for sharing!
-Ole

What can I say, WOW! Looking at all your images, I felt as if I had been transported back in time! AMAZING collections! The tobacco memorabilia is just outstanding. Makes my one corner kitchen cabinet drawer with about 12 ounces of various tobacco blends in glass jars look shabby, LOL Very nice, Thanks for posting all the awesome images

I love collections, and this one is epic, but it also kind of reminds me of the SNL skit where Christopher Walken is a hunter, showing his collection of trophy heads... 8)

I see some older delft tobacco containers in those pics - very nice.

riff raff":1bvv4l6w said:
what ever happened to Dock?
My guess spending time in his Ultimate Man Cave. Wow, what a collection and to think that's just what's left after he sold off a bunch.

wow ... that's pretty much everything you could ask for in a smoking lounge ...