Brand New Pix of My Smoking Lounge

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife always complains about all the "junk" I collect. I'm sure when I'm gone forever, she will probably just trash everything. I showed her Dock's pictures and all she said was: "huh, I'm glad I don't dust!" She left my room shaking her head! Oh well, at least I appreciate looking at all the neat tobacco related stuff. That is quite a museum!

Hawker":9zkoaoaa said:
riff raff":9zkoaoaa said:
what ever happened to Dock?
My guess spending time in his Ultimate Man Cave. Wow, what a collection and to think that's just what's left after he sold off a bunch.
I don't mean to speak for him, and I consider him a friend, I have known Doc for years and years, but for a number of years now his focus has shifted to other interests. I don't believe he's completely sold off everything and I would imagine, occasionally enjoys a bowl or a cigar but he's sort of on the outskirts of the pipe scene. I purchased my Smokin' Holsters Ultimate Pipe Bag from him and an Eltang Bulldog at the time he started liquidating. I see him active on Facebook these days so I feel "in touch" with him in some sort of way.

I'm always hoping I'll see him at a NY Pipe Show, where he was a fixture for so many years! Well, all the best to him anyway!

I didn't/don't know Dock, but love the smoking lounge he assembled and would be interested in whether it still exists or if he has sold it off and moved on.  In either case, I'd be interested in what Dock is up to these days and whether pipe smoking and tobacciana are still a part of it.  I love the history, books, and the "kitsch", in addition to the pipes and tobacco.

I post these here for two reasons, one to show folks where I do most of my smoking and two, to show the old timers here that contrary to popular belief, I didn't sell off all of my smoking gear years ago. :lol: For those of you that are new to the board, I have a background in design and seriously (see: addict) collect all forms of smoking stuff especially advertising, tobacco jars, books and prints.

I'm not posting them to be a show off! I fear I was guilty of this when I was younger and have, in my later years, vowed to keep a watchful eye on on my own boastfulness :D I appreciate collections on all levels and have loved seeing so many of your pics in this section. This part of the hobby has always been a BIG passion of mine as it will be til' they plant me under the corn stalks :lol:

AMAZING!