Bratwurst with Tony Chachere Creole Seasoning

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
This is super super easy and very tasty. Took a couple of Johnsonville Original Brats and cut ‘em into one inch chunks. Fried / sautéed in Avocado oil til browned nicely. Add some good shakes of Tony Chachere Original Seasoning. Be careful though. The seasoning is VERY salty. Let the sausage chunks melt with the seasoning a couple of minutes and you’re ready for dinner. I conbat the salty nature of the seasoning by having a scoop each of potato and macaroni salads as sides. The creamy base of the salads acts to soften the saltiness of the Creole Seasoning.

PS: I’m thinkin’ that “Slap Ya Mama” Cajun Seasoning would be really good for this kind of thing as well. Either way.

Sounds very good! Have you tried it with Johnsonville Andouille sausages? My wife made some of the Andouille with Zattarain's Red Beans and Rice Sunday. Mmmm!

Tony's seasoning is way too salty for me. The package says that when the saltiness is right the seasoning is right. I disagree. I can't get things seasoned right with Tony's seasoning because it gets way too salty way too soon.

This is what I need:

1653584267392.png

Too many seasonings are overboard, in salt or spice. My favorite place to start looking is Bolner's Fiesta Brand seasonings. My favorite all purpose from them is Fajita Seasoning with Mesquite. But that has no bite at all. Got to please the XYL. We have also been using a fair bit of Old Bay seasoning. On stuff and in salad dressing. I make myself some red beans and rice, or dirty rice and use the Bolner's seasonings.

Andouille sausage is too much spice to even suit me. I do get in on some fresh sausage from the American Hungarian Club in Bloomington, IL from time to time. Pretty heavy on the paprika. But done just right in the oven, it's outstanding.

Zattarain's is way too much spice for the XYL. Almost too much for me.

Love andouille sausage, but then I like almost all cajun food. Usef to go to a place called Papadeaux in Dan Antonio with a friend. Their crawfish et toufee was awesome.