Breaking News: my daughter has a cough and sore throat.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Well, now I’m nervous. My 25 y.o. daughter, who lives here with us, has come down with a mild sore throat and cough (first seen today).

It is my fervent hope that it’s nothing to worry about (but we will) and will fade away without complications.

If, on the other hand, it blooms into a case of C-19, then it could spell trouble. Obviously for her but even more so for us old folks.

I’ll keep news posted here.

I hope it's nothing serious. But Sometimes a sour throat is just that a sour throat. Have her smoke a bowl of SG black rope/twist ( I think that's the name if it). The nic hit on that stuff will kill anything.

Just messing but seriously stay safe and well.

Carlos":r8bq6sqi said:
Everyone here is starting up the A/C.  That often brings on cold-like symptoms.   Did you start the A/C?

Our system is set to keep the house between a max high and max low.  That requires the furnace to kick on very early in the morning to bring it up to 67F.  It also means that the AC turns on in the late afternoon to keep things down to 71F.  We set it to that range about a month ago after its Spring tune up.  So the AC has been “on” for some time.

Hey Mr BH,

Sorry to hear that and I understand it must be a worry. Fingers crossed it won’t be the dreaded c-19. Any other symptoms yet?

Good thoughts for your daughter. I find good single malt helps with a sore throat; or at least makes it more tolerable.

OK boys. She gets up this “morning” and announces she’s “fine”. No more sore throat or anything. Is seemingly annoyed with us for asking.

:fpalm:

We’ll keep an eye on her just in case. That’ll piss her off.

BH

It is allergy season. Lots of mold and pollen down in Sack a tomatoes. My throat is scratchy too.
Hope that is all there is to it.

LRT

Good news. I never got Hay Fever until a couple years ago. It's been brutal this year. The only thing I really hate about getting older. Maybe throw some local honey into her diet? They say it can help. I should do it too.