Briar Spirit bombs Mexico!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterE

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I just opened up the box! This is what was inside!

An amazing pipe and a beautiful custom tamper made by my buddy (Briar Spirit) Kirk!! I will try to get some shots up of the tamper, too. It's a beaut! To my knowledge it's the first Briar Spirit pipe south of the border!  :cheers: 

It is an experimental pipe Kirk had made and was curious what we thought of it. I commented that I liked it, and the only thing wrong with it was that I wasn't smoking it. I was really impressed by the unique design and especially the smooth curve of the stem and shank. About ten minutes later, Kirk PM's me for my addy and says he's going to send it along!  :shock:  :shock: 

I haven't had the opportunity to smoke it yet, but tonight I will give it it's inaugural smoke. The bowl is enormous, so I'm going to have to think of something special!

Bravo Kirk! Thank you sooo much! You'se a real bro and a waaay generous friend! I'll be gettin' ya back for this!  :twisted: 

I will give a follow up as I smoke it tonight!

The man is a MASTER with Briar !!! I can understand your liking it as it is one BEAUTIFUL and UNIQUE pipe !! If I were mine, it would be filled with one of McC's Red Va's to have it's inaugural smoke ( and all the rest really)  :twisted: :twisted: 

Awesome.

Good on you, Kirk.  :D

Kirk's work is top notch. He recently created this pipe for me. http://brothersofbriar.forumotion.com/t28210-briar-spirit-pad

It also came with a custom tamper, which mysteriously went missing. Anyway, I found last night in my daughter's bed. She said it was pretty and wanted to keep it as part of her collection of nice things. She collects rocks, gems, buttons, acorns, feathers, sticks, etc. Needless to say, I managed to get it back.. ;) 

Wow, what a looker!! Great job Kirk, and congrats MisterE!

Kudos to both of you gents. What an interesting asymmetrical shape. The bend in the shank looks like a cast-off stock on a shotgun made for right handed people. Very unique, a real head turner.  :cheers: :cheers: 

I am very pleased you like it Buddy, my late Da' told me once that when something is meant to be with another person it speaks to them and will not remain silent until it gets to its real home, as she spoke to you it simply had to go to its proper home.  :sunny: 

@Doc, the bend in the shank follows through into the stem, it took me so long getting the bend just right in the stem, it's a lot harder to bend Acrylic that way than I suspected, every time I increased the sideways bend the bit would droop down a little, got it there in the end though, it was a curious lesson and one I enjoyed immensely.  :sunny: 

Here's a couple of follow-up pics. I took them with my phone, so sorry for the poor quality. The tamper is really a nice little piece of work. I was pleasantly surprised that a cleaner will pass easily to the bottom of the bowl. I had thought that with such an intricate bend, that might be a challenge. No problem whatsoever. :cheers: 

The pipe smokes like a dream, too. I gave it it's maiden voyage with some Rattray's Old Gowrie last night and watched almost all of Avatar with one bowl! That's a long movie, so you can guess how big this thing is.

Thanks again Kirk!! :cheers: 

My son named it the "Three Horned Pipe", which I think is perfect!  8) "Papito, vas a fumar la pipa de tres cuernos ahora?"

Wow, it looks really good on you Buddy.  :cheers: :sunny: 

"Sí hijo, pero este será un humo de largo!"  :affraid: 

It looks like you're really enjoying it! Congrats on a unique pipe  :cheers: 

You got a real special one there Mr E! Kirks pipes are amazing! Love the tamper too. Kirk all I can say is watch your back man as much as E looks to be enjoying that pipe I'd say your a marked man!

Good to see that Kirk's magic has made it past the southern border.
Mr. E....you gonna love that pipe...smoke takes you to another world.
Enjoy!

huffelpuff":6muaslhe said:
Kirk all I can say is watch your back man as much as E looks to be enjoying that pipe I'd say your a marked man!
Damn Jim, you aint kidding Buddy, MisterE did indeed slap right back for that one:

IMG_2704.jpg