BriarWorks Signature Mag-Top Calabash

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch

Reaction score
Tell me this isn't a cool concept! You could dedicate different blends to different bowls, and still only own one pipe!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DBmWHFn7DO4" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Interesting take on the Falcon/Kirsten (and others) changeable bowl concept with a twist, or more appropriately, with magnets.

I love this!

Calabash pipes are like nice cars to me. I can't get my jaw off the floor when I look at them.

I'm gonna have to look further into this.

The price differs across finishes. Starting at $300 for the dark rusticated.

Those look great.....wish I'd thought of it. ;)

Those guys are kicking a$$ and taking names. Not only do I admire their ingenuity, I also dig the fact that they're trying to keep a good portion of their pipes affordable.

DrumsAndBeer":sw6h1k0k said:
Those guys are kicking a$$ and taking names. Not only do I admire their ingenuity, I also dig the fact that they're trying to keep a good portion of their pipes affordable.
I agree. I think it's awesome that they're trying to raise the bar on factory made pipes while keeping the price point reasonable. Hopefully it catches on as pipe smoking continues to become more widespread.

Several pipes for the price of one. Cool idea. 8)

AJ

Got an Icarus stubby apple for my birthday, really does smoke amazingly well.

juanmedusa":ps5oe2er said:
Got an Icarus stubby apple for my birthday, really does smoke amazingly well.
juan,

I don't see much point in paying for oil cured briar, when the unique taste only lasts around 25 or 30 bowls. I have several pipes in my collection made with oil cured briar, and I can't tell any difference in taste or quality.

Is my pipe oil cured? I've heard that briarworks pays a lot of extra attention to the engineering for factory pipes. Having one, I believe they do. That's what I was hinting at. My chamber is pre coated so I'm not sure you'd get that oil cured taste anyways, would you? I'm honestly out of my depth on the oil cured debate, if I bought one I didn't know it.

juanmedusa":shjfnk0v said:
Is my pipe oil cured? I've heard that briarworks pays a lot of extra attention to the engineering for factory pipes. Having one, I believe they do. That's what I was hinting at. My chamber is pre coated so I'm not sure you'd get that oil cured taste anyways, would you? I'm honestly out of my depth on the oil cured debate, if I bought one I didn't know it.
juan, the Neptune's are oil cured, and the Icarus are standard briar. The difference is about $100 more on most of the models I have seen. Sometimes a wood or silver accent might add to the cost.

As for the bowl coating, I couldn't say for sure if it would interfere with the taste. I suppose it would depend on what was used, but even the flavoring from bowl coatings usually fades away fairly quickly, and sometimes you never taste anything from the beginning.

Got it. I guess the most important thing to note is that my wife wanted to buy me a birthday pipe and I chose the Icarus. Without knowing all that, they seemed like the best bang for your buck from briarworks.