Brief update

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatman

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
I had another MRI today. My tumor has grown from .9cm to 4cm since it was discovered Aug 14th. There is some positive news, there is no midline shift, and very subtle mass effect. I have an appointment with the Neurosurgeon on Monday, and hope for surgery in the near future!

So basically it went from the size of a marble, to the size of 36 marbles in almost 11 weeks.

Damn John, things really do grow big up there!

Seriously, that is pretty fast growth. I hope the doctors get in there quick and pull that shyte out quick. There is only so much room in the skull.... My best wishes for expeditious work and swift repairs...

I'm getting all emotional.... Take care mon fryer...

I'm praying for you my friend, if you need anything please don't hesitate to ask.

I'm praying for you too, John. Praying for skillful doctors as well!

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Yeah, I had a friend who had a rather large tumor removed about 15 years ago, and he's still doing really well. And I can only imagine how much the technology and techniques have advanced since then.

John, you've been in my Prayers. Seems lately more members of the BoB have been in my Prayers than family members :scratch:
Your doctors need to focus on you in a much faster manner, it's taking them a long time to figure you need to see a neurosurgeon.
I wish you all the best and I'm going to light a candle this evening for you. Thank you for taking the time and keeping all of us informed.

GET WELL SOON BROTHER

Aw man, that's just crappy news. I'll be thinking of you and sending great vibes for a speedy recovery. Hang in there FM!

John, while that doesn't sound good you seem to be facing it with courage and optimism. You can beat this in the end. Just have that feeling, ya know?

:king:

Cheers,

RR

Thanks for the update John, wishing you a quick and successful surgery .

Thanks for the update; you know we'll all be thinking and praying for you

"T"

John, that's horrible news. Glad things are finally moving forward though. Best of luck with the surgery you'll be in my prayers until you lick this.

Jim

So it looks like surgery is Tuesday! My new Neurosurgeon is being pretty aggressive.  For some context the 1st image is from Aug 14th, when the tumor was discovered, and the 2nd image is from Nov 2nd and the 3rd image is just another image for more context . So in 11 weeks, give or take, it has gone from .9cm cubed, to 4cmx3cmx3cm. That is pretty fast growing, and needs to come out sooner rather than later.  

The journey continues!

P.S. I apologize for the brevity of the posts I make, typing has become difficult!

This makes for difficult reading and viewing John, hence my slow reply. Your positivity is inspiring mate. Now, get that thing out of your head so you can crack on with life.

Warm thoughts coming your way.

John, no words... other than to tell you you are in my thoughts and my prayers. Don't give up hope, brother.

Thanks for the kind words! Surgery is tomorrow, the over prognosis is not good. We will just have to see what cards are dealt to me!