Brief update

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":htrnuko6 said:
Sure wish there was something we could do for you John.
Never stop doing good things, to whoever you meet. That is the best thing you can do! Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not promised to anyone, live in the now and do good things!

Fatman":9uoppz82 said:
Blackhorse":9uoppz82 said:
Sure wish there was something we could do for you John.
Never stop doing good things, to whoever you meet. That is the best thing you can do! Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not promised to anyone, live in the now and do good things!
Words of a very good man...

Continuing in prayer, John.

John I am praying for you daily, please if you need anything let us know. I had a friend in my early 20s that had a similar issue pop up, it got to the point where the pressure was pinching the optic nerve and effecting her vision. She underwent surgery.... that was 14 or 15 years ago.... She is a successful business woman these days with two adorable children and an awesome husband who is a Michigan State Trooper. That was many years ago when she had surgery, I imagine the strides made in the medical field have been huge in the time that has passed. Everybody here on the BoB has your back!

Arguably the most humbling and inspiring words I've read.

John, get that shyte pictured above out of your head so that you too can continue to live in the now spreading your normal Fatman happiness.

Here's to you mate.

Do not go gentle into that good night
Dylan Thomas, 1914 - 1953

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.
John Donne

I'm gonna stay positive on it, like I posted above, I had a friend that had surgery to remove a tumor in her brain and she is still will us and doing great. Fat man lives in Alaska one of the last untamed territories... he's tough! Has to be, they don't let sissies live in Alaska, state law!

John, you have been in my thoughts and Prayers all day. All the best to you my friend.

A candle will burn bright until we hear from you.

Light that redeems.
Light that restores.
Light that heals.
Light that protects.
Light that saves.

Is anyone friends with Fat Man to the point where they know his family and can call? Fat Man has been on my mind a lot the last few days and I've been praying my ass off for him as we all have. Hope he is pulling through and fighting like the warrior he can be.

Ps in the event that something happens to me or I disappear and anyone is worried drums and beer, Arky and Ozark know how to get a hold of me and my family... this makes me think we should have a buddy system set up in case of instances like this.

This is John's sort of significant other, the old battleax, etc.

The doc was able to remove the tumor. But it's a Glioblastoma. The worst and meanest of the brain tumors out there. He is regaining some motor skills on his right side and his speech is pretty much messed, but every day he makes more progress and he's trying his best. He's still at the hospital--his heart gave them quite a scare and they want to make sure he is good before they move him to a rehab ward.

In five weeks, he will start radiation and chemotherapy simultaneously.

Hopefully he'll be home soon and his daughter and I will try to keep you guys posted!!

Lisa