Brigham Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ofafeather

Reaction score
Hi, All. Any thoughts on Brigham pipes? I know they make a large range of pipes but didn't realize that they seem to have some higher grades, too (not really high, mind you). Any one have experience with their more recent production? I remember reading somewhere that the lower grades are somewhat cheap Italian made pipes. Any information or experiences would be great. Thanks.~Eric

I have a number of Brighams. They are now made in Italy. In earlier years, Brigham had craftsmen who made them in Canada. They are a "system" pipe, using a long maple filter. A few years ago they experimented with a "president" model that didn't have a filter system.

The grading system used to be with the number of dots indicating the quality of grain. Seven dots is the highest. They recently abandoned the "dots" for the number system with a "7" at the beginning being the high grade.

The cheapo Brighams, nowadays, I don't believe are graded.

I like the way they smoke. I rarely use the filter. I use them for blends that have latakia, only because it is easy for me to remember.

:D Paul

I referred to the "president" Brigham above. I should have said "platinum". The Brigham president is the large freehand that Brigham makes.

:D Paul