BROKEN PIPE / Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoverPipes

Reaction score
It is with great sadness that I and the "Hudson Valley Pipe Club", announce the passing of our friend and club sage, Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman.

For those of you who didn't know of Dick, he was the winner of the  2012 "Tobacco Throwdown" at the Chicago Pipe Show, with his sublime creation, "Princes Street Mixture".

Dick was well known within our hobby and ran a B&M Tobacco Shop for many years before going to an online only operation. Dick was always more than generous with those he knew and even those he just met. He was a "TRUE GENTLEMAN"!!!

Gentlemen, please raise a bowl this evening in honor of my friend, Dick "Chief Catoonah" Silverman!!!!

May he rest in peace.......

ALL HAIL THE CHIEF!!!!

I'm deeply saddened to hear about this loss to our community! May he and his family find peace.

Jim

It is said that a man is forgotten when his last friend has died...may he rest in peace and be remembered for a long, long time.

I just saw your Facebook post, that is sad news. He was a real gentleman. There was a thread on the SmokersForums on Dick's health, I copied your statement there and on the PipesMagazine forum, everyone will be sad for Dick and his family.

We usually meet up at the Firehouse Tobacco shop in Fall River, MA a couple/three times a year with The Chief holding center stage. Dick will surely be missed, a gentle man with a wealth of knowledge in the tobacco industry.
Peace Brother.

Dick was a great guy. He was just immensely likeable. He will be missed in our community.

Just got to meet Dick almost exactly one year ago at the Chicago Show. Wonderfully kind and generous gentleman. He will be missed. Broken pipe.

I'd never met the man or know much about him but judging by the brothers' comments, he was a damn fine bloke. Very sad. RIP Chief, my next bowl will be dedicated to you.

I've not had the pleasure to meet Dick, but I heard nothing but good things about him and his blends.

I was gifted a sample of his excellent Princes Street Mixture. Superb smoke. My condolences to his family and friends.