Broken Pipe: Mark (I'm not sure where to put this.)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
My father [ Mark ] has passed, the result of a drunk driver of an 18 wheeler crossing into his lane and crashing head on.
I'm here to take care of any loose ends regarding his trades/swaps/sales with the members here. He has several pipes wrapped and addressed and I'll drop them in the mail Tuesday. He had several boxes on his desk with various tobacco tins inside ready to seal and send. I've helped him pack and ship tobacco/pipes/etc. to addresses all over the world. Corn Cobs to Iceland, buffing wax to Chile, a senior pipe reamer to Egypt and a huge box of tobacco sent to South Africa to mention a few, but with no current notes/addresses for these boxes I'm lost.

I'd like to ask the staff here for permission for the members to PM Mark with their concerns regarding any unfinished business, and also permission for me to return at a later date to receive that information so I can honor Dads obligations.

He was a big burly man, quiet by nature, kind and generous. I'll always remember him pipe in hand, a touch of Bourbon nearby and that easy going attitude.

Oh god, that is just awful news! Mark was a terrific brother of the briar and stand up guy that we've known here for over a decade. My deepest condolences to to his family. You all will be in my thoughts.

RIP Mark.

That absolutely crushes my spirit.

Mark was an above and beyond good guy.

He will be severely missed.

Oh my.

My sympathies to you and yours. I'll have the flag at half mast. Terrible news, to be sure....

Terrible, terrible news. I am incredibly sorry for your loss.
My wife and I will include your family in our prayers!
Zach

Very sad to hear this. I'm sorry for your family's loss. I always found your Dad to be a wise and friendly person. Truly a great man.

Oh wow. My heart sunk to see this. I didn’t know him in person, but his presence here was quite notable, to put it mildly. I’m sorry for your loss. He must have been a good man, if he raised a son that would go to the trouble settle his affairs in this manner. Thank you for what you’re doing.

My sincerest condolences on your loss. Thought and prayers to you and your family.

Truly heartbreaking news. My condolences you and your family are in my prayers.

Jim

We are all heartbroken and sick over this. Deepest condolences to your family.

Brother I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Regards,
Richard

I'm speechless.... This is terrible news. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Mark will be missed.

Absolutely terrible news, my thoughts go out to you and all your family.

This was your Father's board and you can post this devastating news where ever you want. I don't think I ever met him at a show but I go back with him online for probably close to two decades. I don't know what to say but I am so sorry for your loss, this was way to soon. Please keep us informed on your Fathers arrangements.

Oh my gosh, what a shock. Condolences to the family.

As far as practical matters. If you are familiar with forums. Then the PM functions should be no surprise. But they do have size limits, and it will tell you how much space is left in each of the boxes. You may have to delete some to create space for more. Also, in those PM's you may find some evidence of any ongoing trades that others, like myself, could be unaware of. There may be addresses he requested. Anything we can do, simply ask.