Broken Pipe - Sam Barnett - NY Pipe Show Co-Host

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skaukatt

Reaction score
More sad news from NYC... I am certain many of you are familiar with NYC staple, Sam Barnett, co-host with Rich Esserman of the long running NY Pipe Show, has sadly, passed away.

The following is from Rich Esserman from his Facebook post:

Rich Esserman posted this tonight.

Broken Pipe - Sam Barnett passed away on November 11, 2018, Sam had been battling severai illnesses, I knew Sam since April or May of 1978. Sam was introduced to me at the time as another 'pipe nut". We shared many wonderful pipe adventures through out our life including hosting the NY Pipe Show for the last 24 years. I will miss Sam greatly as he was a one of kind personality and a true friend. I will write more in NASPC The Pipe Collector. May Sam RIP.

Sam asked me to contnue the NY pipe - so I will - more to be announced.

Sam was a very sweet man. I will miss him,as I am sure many will.

Sad but not unexpected news. I knew Sam from many nights in smoke filled hotel rooms at shows. As someone from the Scandinavian Midwest Sam was fascinating to talk to. He was just so NYC. RIP.

I didn't know the man, but any loss is sad especially when one is connected to another by a noble art such as the briar.

I doff my hat.