Broken Pipe

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

thedeep

Reaction score
For those who have not heard, Tony Soderman, "Mr. Can" on Ebay, Has passed.

Ocelot55

Reaction score
That's sad news indeed. Tony had one of the best collections of old English estate pipes I've ever seen and was more than willing to speak, even to a whipper-snapper like me, about their pedigree. He will be missed.

Brewdude

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Sad to hear this.

RIP Tony!

:(

No Cheers,

RR

daveinlax

Reaction score
Ocelot55":hjwaqkel said:
That's sad news indeed. Tony had one of the best collections of old English estate pipes I've ever seen and was more than willing to speak, even to a whipper-snapper like me, about their pedigree. He will be missed.
I was lucky enough to have seen his collection in his home several times. I stated this thread a few days ago.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/broken-pipe-tony-mr-can-soderman

Idlefellow

Reaction score
Didn't know Tony nor have any dealings with him, but the loss of a fellow pipeman is a loss to us all.  RIP Tony.

AJ

Reaction score
This is really sad news. Tony and I had emailed each other numerous times over years. His historical knowledge on pipes was phenomenal and he always seemed very pleased when I would ask a question concerning the history of a pipe or pipe maker.  Once he sold me a Royal Comoy's Hungarian at an unbelievable price. It was considerably less than what he had advertised. I counted him as a good friend and now he's gone. The pipe smoking community as well as myself have lost a  great friend. Rest in peace Tony. :cry:

AJ