Broken Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedeep

Reaction score
For those who have not heard, Tony Soderman, "Mr. Can" on Ebay, Has passed.

That's sad news indeed. Tony had one of the best collections of old English estate pipes I've ever seen and was more than willing to speak, even to a whipper-snapper like me, about their pedigree. He will be missed.

Ocelot55":hjwaqkel said:
That's sad news indeed. Tony had one of the best collections of old English estate pipes I've ever seen and was more than willing to speak, even to a whipper-snapper like me, about their pedigree. He will be missed.
I was lucky enough to have seen his collection in his home several times. I stated this thread a few days ago.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/broken-pipe-tony-mr-can-soderman

Didn't know Tony nor have any dealings with him, but the loss of a fellow pipeman is a loss to us all.  RIP Tony.

This is really sad news. Tony and I had emailed each other numerous times over years. His historical knowledge on pipes was phenomenal and he always seemed very pleased when I would ask a question concerning the history of a pipe or pipe maker.  Once he sold me a Royal Comoy's Hungarian at an unbelievable price. It was considerably less than what he had advertised. I counted him as a good friend and now he's gone. The pipe smoking community as well as myself have lost a  great friend. Rest in peace Tony. :cry:

AJ