brothers of briar pipe?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, I was referring to the massive headache I had with the Haven meerschaum pipe. I paid in advance and it took almost 2 years to get all the pipes. Unles the shape is far out, the carver will have no problem selling one a member does not like as long as he waits to inscribe the club pipe wording. If the blast is not first rate or there are sandpits, etc., a member may not be happy with that choice. After viewing a photo of his pipe, payment is sent and inscription made. Bounced checks are dealt with by Leroy.

CP":aa8njegt said:
Mark, I was referring to the massive headache I had with the Haven meerschaum pipe. I paid in advance and it took almost 2 years to get all the pipes. Unles the shape is far out, the carver will have no problem selling one a member does not like as long as he waits to inscribe the club pipe wording. If the blast is not first rate or there are sandpits, etc., a member may not be happy with that choice. After viewing a photo of his pipe, payment is sent and inscription made. Bounced checks are dealt with by Leroy.
I remember that fiasco well!

I believe the key here is dealing with a reputable carver and knowing that person well enough to get a genuine commitment from them. The members will have to be commited enough to guarantee their commitment with a deposit or full payment. When we did the forum pipes with Kirk Bosi we used the deposit process.

If you guys decide to do a club pipe here...I would like to be in on it....just let me know...I still have lots of room for additions.....