Bucket List Pipe at the West Coast Pipe Show

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BriarBeagle

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
So...

I had the pleasure of attending the West Coast Pipe Show in Las Vegas this last weekend and had a blast.  Much to my surprise, Kurt Balleby was attending this year and brought a handful of pipes with him.  Mind you, I have been keeping my eye out for one of Kurt's smooth bulldogs in my size for a few years now.  I have been constantly monitoring vendor websites waiting for the day when the right pipe would surface.  As I approached his table, one pipe in particular caught my eye.  IT WAS THE ONE!  Once I had it in my hand, I didn't let go.  I had the honor and privilege of purchasing this pipe directly from Kurt after chatting with him for some time.  He was very gracious and kind, and it made the pipe purchase a memory that I will cherish for my lifetime.  I thought I'd share a photo or two with the Brothers...

Sweet smokes...

Beagle

GeoffC":kovispxn said:
Bunch of folks from Simply Stogies went to the show.  Thread is like 150 messages long.  Sounds like it was a blast!

My local carver Dave Huber won pipe of the year with the snail shell pipe.  Grain was beyond amazing.
Yes, I spent some time looking at David's work and speaking to him. His snail shell pipe was impressive to say the least, as were all of his pipes. He had some incredible sculptured pieces. Very meticulous work indeed.

Gorgeous one that of yours, congratulations for the adquisition direct from the craver

That’s a awesome looking pipe. And congratulations on meeting the maker too.

That certainly is a real beauty sir, I'm jealous now, damn!

Lovely story Mr Beagle, Sir. And what a pipe! I love the transition from stem to stummel. So, million dollar question, have you fired her up yet?

A Balleby is a big step up to the top of the artisan ladder - congratulations!

Sweet acquisition brother! Not an easy maker to come by either so super score there!

Jim