budget Parker ballpoint of old

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
I grew up in a small farm town. The lone pharmacy was a cool oasis as a kid. It was split in two and connected by a tiled ramp. On one side, it was cards, knickacks, medical supplies, and the pharmacy counter. I thought of it as the old people's side. On the other side, there was an entire aisle of pens, school supplies, and office supplies. The next aisle was all candy, games, and toys. The final aisle was body stuff, and in the way back, magazines and comic books. It was sort of a snooty place and very clean and bright. They watched you like a hawk, and it wasn't very comfortable for us kids. I would only go in there for specific reasons and not to just browse. They had a strangely large assortment of rubber bands, which was great for us because we were way into rubber band guns. Next to the rubber bands, they had pens like this in a little plastic bucket. I remember the orange, green, and yellow Parker's. They were maybe $1.99 or $2.99? At the time as a youngin', I had no idea that these were loosely based on the Big Red. I just thought they were cool, fat pens. Do they still sell these? If not, are they collectible now? Just curious.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144342584779

I remember my Grammer school teachers using those pens Zeno so maybe the school bought them in 10 packs. Not sure if they still make them as of today but think Parker still makes pens and whatnot for them. I've purchased many pipes from Judd's before to restore/resell and he mostly does not state condition of the pipes but gives enough pictures for you to take a chance on. If there is a known problem with a pipe, he'll state it up front or sells it in a pipe lot. He resells for other people in his community and such. I have also messaged him to ask him about a certain pipe with more than enough time before auction ends and get no reply. If he states "Looks like it was never used" you can take it to the bank as such. I'm not into writing instruments enough to say if it's a good price either.