Buffalo Soldier

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronxbill

Reaction score
I ordered several tins of this blend when they first came out, but waited a couple of months to try it. The tin I opened was packed on 4/15/10, so it is fairly young. Upon opening, I was met with a solid block of pressed tobacco with light and dark browns and almost black pieces. Moisture was a little high for my tastes, so I let it dry some before smoking.

I found the tobacco easy to rub out for loading, it almost becomes ribbon when rubbed. It is easy to light and stays lit well, very few relights. Taste is excellent! It is definitely a mild English; you can taste the Latikia but it is not overwhelming. There is a sweetness from the Virgina and a slight spice from the Pirique although I had trouble tasting it very much. It's been a while since I smoked MM965, but I think this matches my memory of that blend. Its not an exact duplicate, but it is in that ballpark. A nice mild smoke. I guess I'll have to order a few more tins for the cellar; I think it will really improve with some age.

Interesting review and info here, Thanks for sharing. Will need to give it whirl sometime, it sounds great!

Nice review.

I used to love MM965, so I will now have to try this blend out. :)

I tried a sample of that and did like it. It's different from what I am use to, but like it for a change of pace. I do plan on adding a little for the right times.

Mine was loose in a small bag and not much moisture at all really so am surprised by how yours came as a solid block and more moisture that you wanted. Kind of odd they would be so different.

Skip

I have a tin of this in the cellar, was more timid to try it than waiting for it to age but now I will have to try it. :)

For me this one is more medium than mild. Just about the perfect English. I really could smoke this one everyday, all day. It's that good. I don't notice the perique. No doubt I would miss it if it was removed.