Bulk PS Luxury Twist Flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psyktek

Reaction score
Received a shipment from Jason at Tenonworks as part of his going out of business sale, and a 7 oz. bag of this blend was part of that order.

Fired some up the other night in a Tilshead bullcap, and another bowl yesterday in a Tinsky of the same design. Then a bowl last night in a DB Canadian shanked tulip.

Great tobacco in every pipe!! So good, in fact, that it could become a go-to
blend. Interesting flakes in that they are about 1.5 inches square, and very even in consistency across the flake. Great pouch aroma, I think a light tonquin topping. One of my coworkers (where I opened the package) said chocolate, but if so, it's a dark, rich bittersweet chocolate indeed.

Simply bundled up the thin flakes and stuffed them into the pipes. Lit well, only required 2-3 relights (par for the course for me). Dense, generous smoke and a consistent flavor throughout the bowl. I don't get fine nuances, courtesy of my aged palate, but I found this delicious.

I think there's a large bulk order in my future! :cheers:

Stokkbye is a very 'undervalued' blending house. I have yet to find one of their non-aromatic blends that wasn't at least average for its genra and I've found a few that are very good. Considering their price points this is an amazing feat.

A few more you should try:
Luxury Navy Flake (personal fav)
Cube Cut (burley)
English Luxury (light, morning smoke)
Balken Supreme. (Heavy,semi-astringent)

The name escapes me but their other 'luxury' Va is coin shaped with lil sweetened cavendish centers. I didn't think I'd like it when I first tried it but its pretty good too.

puros_bran":h5rpas97 said:
The name escapes me but their other 'luxury' Va is coin shaped with lil sweetened cavendish centers. I didn't think I'd like it when I first tried it but its pretty good too.
Luxury Bullseye Flake is what you're thinking of. decent smoke, very much like Davidoff Flake Medallions in looks and taste. very grassy.

i just got in their Luxury navy flake (from a diff. spot - another great tobacco).

I like both the Bullseye and Navy versions, but this blend really stunned me with its quality. I agree that Stokkebye is a great blender and with these three under my belt, I definitely plan on trying some of their others.

Thanks for the recommendations!

A big Homer J Simpson Dooooohhhhh... PS Proper English, another great blend.

This past week, I've smoked more Luxury Twist Flake than I ever had, thanks to the encouragement of this thread. (I read here a bit, but not had the time to post).

Anyway, I was never really impressed with this blend, but realized I never smoked more than a bowl and then put it away. As I am slow of brain and have a challenged pallet, I really need to smoke a blend quite a bit in a relatively short time to really appreciate it, for the better or the worse.

Anyway, the last several bowls of LTF I've really enjoyed! I'm upgrading this from a C+ to a solid B.

thanks for posting about LTF, folks!

TC

I have tried it several times but it bites the heck out of me. Weird as 25 out of my rotation of 30 blends are VA's or Vapers

Disregard I misread & thought it was Luxury Navy Flake. My bad