Burley Fan

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BubbaL002

Reaction score
Well I just had my first bowl of a Burly Cav Mix and I'm very pleased. Of course as anybody who has read any of my posts I'm new here. I rather liked the smoothness sweet taste. Anybody have any other suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it.

If you like a sweet taste try
Carter Hall a good burley
Prince Albert in the tub and
Sir Walter Raleigh
Butternut burley

These are all good burleys

Thanks for the tip. I also made an order to C&D today. Their gonna put together a sampler for me. Not to mention they do discounted price for troops overseas. I CAN"T wait till I get it. But alas until then trusty Captain Black. Seems like the more I smoke it the better it gets.

being a fellow burley fan, I would also suggest you try Edgeworth Ready Rubbed. This is a wounderfull all day burley blend as well as Carter Hall. I have smoked lots of burley blends and always come back to these! I would also suggest you try some good Virgina blends too. 9 times out of 10 if you like burley blends you will like Va blends too. If you need some help with picking out good one send me a PM and i will tell you which ones I enjoy. Stay safe brother!!!

-Jeff

BubbaL002":yrcx09f8 said:
Thanks for the tip. I also made an order to C&D today. Their gonna put together a sampler for me. Not to mention they do discounted price for troops overseas. I CAN"T wait till I get it. But alas until then trusty Captain Black. Seems like the more I smoke it the better it gets.
Which blends did you order from C&D?

I just told them to put together a sampler of the gammit. not really sure what I REALLY like yet. Plus they had sooo much to choose from. Being new I have fallen to the gods of PAD and TAD. ARGH!!!!!!!!!! My parents are sending me some Prince Alberts and Half & half. 27 years old and I still look to my parents. I'm hoping to get my dad back into the hobbie again.

Yo Bubba, Send us your APO Addy, Ken. :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

Let me second the votes for Edgeworth Ready-Rubbed. I'm also a big fan of GL Pease's Barbary Coast; that was the blend that brought me around to burley blends in general.

it's
SGT ROye, Timothy K
Army K9
FOB Normandy
APO, AE 09324

We had a weather delay today so I have to wait one more day for my new pipes and baccy. Ohhh What a cruel World!!

I'll also cast a vote for Edgeworth Ready Rubbed. You might want to get a can soon as I heard it went out of production as of July 1st. The C&D sampler choice was a good decision, they make some of my favorite blends. Another company that makes great burley blends is L.J. Peretti (www.ljperetti.com). My favorite is BPC but there are many good ones.

Thanks for your service to our country. I belong to a motorcycle organization that makes up care packages to send to the troops. We get some wonderful letters back, some will bring tears to your eyes. There are a lot of us that appreciate your dedication and bravery.

Smokey :pipe:

I just tried Velvet again here lately it is a good burley

Sweet but yet satisfying

Thank you guys for your support. It means a lot too all of us knowing that people back troops

BubbaL002":ig9fuzq0 said:
Thank you guys for your support. It means a lot too all of us knowing that people back troops
We back you up all the way Bubba.........100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone that comes in here and doesn't gets run off!

If you like a burley blend with a touch of sweetness look no further than the old time drugstore blend 'Sugar Barrel' Mostly burlies with a touch of Va and a little sweetener than does not interfere with the tasty buttery burley. Can be had for dirt cheap at JR cigars online. If you don't like it just send the rest my way!

i'm smoking MacB's golden xtra ATM-you might also want to try 5 Bros. (high nic), LJ Heart Burley (pipesandcigars.com, mostly burley w/a tiny bit of VA), Peterson's Univ. Flake (burley based very slight aro)-all good stuff

thanks for all you do BTW

I tried Solani Aged Burley Flake for the first time tonight,too soon to have an opinion about it but it's pretty strong on the nicotine.Most of the reviews on Tobacco
Reviews rate it very highly.I must smoke some more to get an impression. :pale:

Winslow :sunny:

I've recently been rediscovering Uhle's blends (a great, old B&M in Milwaukee) and they have some great burleys and some interesting blends that contain burly in them.

BLEND #300, a pretty much straight cube cut with "Honey-Hive" flavoring is my favorite. Not really an aromatic, as it smells like their PERFECTION PLUG BURLEY (which is also a great, straight burley) but it does have a very nice honey background taste to it. Wonderful in an old cob on a hot day.

They also use burley in a number of their other blends, including the highly rated (tobacco reviews) BLEND #71 A rough cut for slow burning…AA Highland Burley, sweet golden Virginia, Latakia and burned Cavendish. As the cub cut burley and the Cavendish (which is also in rather thick chunks) burns slower than the other tobaccos, I love to mix it into the top layer over a good latakia blend.

Natch

Some outstanding burley blends that nobody talks about are Bishop Burley, Scottish Moor, and Colonial. They are from Edwards (see, for example, www.mccrannies.com). They all taste very similar to me, but my favorite is Scottish Moor.