C&D 839: Boker Or Morning Light (Hebraica Series)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've recently had the pleasure of smoking one of the offerings from the Hebracia series - namely Or Olam, courtesy of our own Padre. In fact I've developed a taste for it.

In perusing the review site for feedback on the others in this series, this one stood out for me-

Cornell & Diehl  839: Boker Or Morning Light (Hebraica Series)

An unusual base of light yet rich orientals serves as a backdrop to a real Perique presence, enveloping stoved red Virginias sweetened with a bit of black cavendish. Perfect with a cup of strong coffee or on a morning stroll.
Brand Cornell & Diehl
Blended By Ira Stone / William Serad
Manufactured By Cornell & Diehl
Blend Type Oriental
Contents Black Cavendish, Oriental/Turkish, Perique, Virginia
Flavoring None
Cut Ribbon
Packaging Bulk
Country US

So has anyone here had this and what say ye?

TIA....

Cheers,

TT

I bought a half-lb of Milk and Honey (Halav u'Dvash) on sale at mars cigars a few years ago. I think I've gotten through 3 oz, and it's pretty good. I think it's cursed, though, as I've lost two pipes which I dedicated to it, and no others since I've been smoking. I liked them both, too! :evil: 

If you find some fellow smokers close by, splitting shipping costs and bulk discounts is a great thing to do!

I've tried two of the Hebraica series. First I tried the Halav U'Dvash. I loved the list of tobaccos used but I was terribly disappointed. It seemed to be a bit of a confused mess to me. The ingredients just didn't seem to jive with each other. Boker Or on the other hand is much better. The Orientals dominate with the Virginias adding a little sweetness and the Perique is just a supporting player adding a bit of spiciness. Over all I found it to be fairly tasty but nothing mind blowing. It can be a bit cigarettish at times due to the Turkish component but not overly so. I polished off my 8oz. without a problem but there are so many blends out there that I enjoy so much more.

Natch":cow42d89 said:
Morning Light is the best of that series.  A really nice, gentle yet interesting smoke.

Natch
Thanks for the feedback Mr Natural. Have you had the Or Olam, and if so how does it compare?

Cheers,

RR

This series has been discontinued by C&D/SP. Marscigars might still have some.

hp
les