C&D Blockade Runner

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipemaker

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
I'm not much of a reviewer but I will give this one a shot

A krumble kake that is easy to break apart and packs with little effort.

It is primarily a stoved Red and Golden Virginia blend that is soaked in rum, and pressed.

It is a fairly strong tobacco that smokes smooth and produces volumes of smoke.

The rum flavoring is natural... not a rum essence, and it lends a creamy texture to both the taste and aroma. Still, the darker flavors of the stoved tobacco dominate.

The rum is by no means overwhelming, although the tin aroma would make you think it would be. The nice thing about this tobacco is the flavoring gradually diminishes as the tobacco ages. This way you can control the flavor to the extent that you find most enjoyable.

I think this is about as close as you can get to a traditional old style Navy Cavandish style tobacco.

Mike

Even' Mike, Hey you got my pipe! :lol: Yes I agree with your review of BR, i just had a bowl the other day almost a year on it, great stuff! 8) Ken.
Pacem en C&D! 8)

Ken,

That's one tobacco that will go toe to toe with some of the Lakeland blends.

Mike

Hi Mike, It sure DOES!! BTW what are you doing with my pipe?? :lol: :roll: Ken.
pacem en Puffing! :D

Ken,

I always felt that was one of the better looking pipes that I've ever made and thought I would use it as an avatar.

Mike

I came across Blockade Runner when I was first learning to smoke something other than aromatics and it was exactly the transition I needed. The stuff is soooo tasty! Now I want to run home and have a bowl full!!!

Even' All, I put BR up there with my ALLTime FAV. Bosun CP, Mike that pipe is one of my favorite VA. pipes! Ken
Pacem en Puffing! ;)

Great review Mike! I have never tried BR but the next time that I am in JR's I am going to pickup a tin of it.

Mike:

Thanks for the review, which serves as a reminder that I haven't smoked any Blockade Runner for...dang, I can't remember how long it's been. I have it on a log somewhere, but I'm too lazy to go look it up, and it doesn't matter anyway. It has been TOO long. It is time! :mrgreen:

Vito :joker:

Hey, periqueguy...do my eyes deceive me, or does your avatar depict a briar golf club just at the instant of contact with a meerschaum golf ball? :mrgreen:

:joker:

Pipemarker, you did a fine job reviewing!

C&D Blockade Runner is truly a baccy in the Navy Tradition, and a very nice product, light years ahead of many that call themselves "Navy"

hmmmmmmmmmm checking the cellar seems I'm out of it ... DAMN :shock:

That Blockade Runner sure does put out a cloud of smoke when you light
it up,only Autumn Evening comes close. :shock:

Winslow :sunny: