C & D Briar Fox

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Nate

Reaction score
Smoking a sample I was given from a fairly recent tobacco purchase. I tend to leave the Virginia/Burley blends alone but I can see why ppl like this one. It's pretty straight forward, lights easy, has a nutty taste to me, not very sweet at all but a rather nice aftertaste. Probably wouldn't buy any of this, but glad I tried it.

Old Nate":twof23x5 said:
Smoking a sample I was given from a fairly recent tobacco purchase. I tend to leave the Virginia/Burley blends alone but I can see why ppl like this one. It's pretty straight forward, lights easy, has a nutty taste to me, not very sweet at all but a rather nice aftertaste. Probably wouldn't buy any of this, but glad I tried it.
It's one of those "sleepers", the more you smoke of it, the more you like it!! I'm a confirmed Red Va smoker but after a 50 g tin of it I bought a pound so be careful with it :twisted: :twisted:

B. Fox has kind of grown on me a bit. Your first impression of it was very similar to my own, but for some reason I keep finding myself reaching for it. The sour, earthy tin-note is very intriguing to me. I think it's one of the closest things to plain old unadulterated/unsweetened tobacco flavor that I have smoked in a VaBur outside of Solani 660.

I picked this up in that B&B Groupon deal. I only smoked one bowl so far. When I Opened it, I would have sworn it was topped with something, but after smoking it, I have to agree with D&B - this strikes me as unadulterated as anything I can thing of. It also packs a bit more nicotine than I was expecting. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's been a while since a blend caught me off guard like that.

I like it and enjoy a few bowls per week. The more I smoke it the more I like it.

I know I'm resurrecting an old post, but it's probably better than starting a fresh one regarding the same weed....

I tried it about a year ago out of a little ziplock sample I traded for. Crumbled up the rather hard cube and smoked a small bowl of it. I thought it was pretty stout, burley forward(ish). Was into other things and tucked it away with a bunch of portable hard drives...

Looking for a certain drive to plug into the boob-tube and there it was. REALLY dry. I figured I better finish it up before I decided to grind it down to powder and snort it..

This time, it was a lot lighter tasting, and I swear it came at me like a Lakeland. Rather floral...

Didn't notice that the first time...

Does that happen with age on it, I wonder?

Actually liked it better this time though!

I took the risk to buy, without any other preliminaries, an 8oz tin of it a few years back. Then, recently, I bought, without having tried it, another 8oz tin. I am letting them age and will open up the first one when it reaches 5 or 6 Y of aging.
I don't do this often with tobacco but, when I do, I usually do not make a mistake as I end up liking it very much. Well, considering I love VA/BUs, it's not much of a risk, in this particular case. :lol:

No recent experience, or none past 2016 anyway. 2016 is when C&D's ribbon cut changed which effected their krumble kakes too.

I was smoking through a tin of it back when I replied to this thread in 2014. I liked it. I would have eventually bought more but I discovered Night Train.

A perfect all day smoke. My favorite camping smoke in a corncob, but tend to overheat if it's windy.

I haven’t smoked any of this in a while. But when I had some on hand I burned through it rather quickly. It was tasty. And drum and beer is right night train is great too