C&D Factory Tour

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelM

Reaction score
PublicPiper did a nice job on this one:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h2P7St1pWDw" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Excellent vid Mike, really enjoyed it. I too am a fan of C&D blends and was surprised to learn that
they produce GLP blends specially see'en I don't nor haven't found a GLP blend that I like at all. :scratch:

He did a great job producing that.

I was suprised to hear that the same tobacco that goes in to a C&D blend is also used in GLP blends.

Just some good ol' boys making great pipe tobacco. Cool. Thanks for posting. I once spoke with the late Craig Tarler. Great guy to talk about tobacco with, if I may indulge in both understatement and name-dropping.

Richard Burley":4nr5efa4 said:
Just some good ol' boys making great pipe tobacco. Cool. Thanks for posting. I once spoke with the late Craig Tarler. Great guy to talk about tobacco with, if I may indulge in both understatement and name-dropping.
I had the opportunity to speak with Mr Tarler back in the mid 90's. I called to order a trial sampler that they sold, and spent a good 20 minutes talking tobacco before he would accept my order. He was very insistent that new customers should call first so he could help you choose the right blends. I wish I knew enough then to appreciate his knowledge and store some of it away. All I really remember is that he was very kind, and his suggestions were spot on perfect.

I'm trying to figure out where in Jax he is at the beginning of the video,(I lived south of there for 23 years before moving back to Virginia), looks like maybe San Marcos.

Michael, thanks so much for posting this vid, it was very entertaining and educational. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks for the very informative video, it was interesting to see all the hands on work that goes into the blends.

I just finished watching this now. Wow. I'm impressed with the simplicity of what they are doing. I've seen some vids of the Mac baren plant, and it seemed to be a bit more factory like. I'm going to have to try some of the blends they said were favorites. Also, Jeremy, the one with the beard and tats. He's from smokingpipes. I've seen at least one vid he did for the smokingpipes university series. I think he was demonstrating the use of rope tobacco. Very cool altogether, thanks for posting this. I enjoyed watching it.

Last week while at Myrtle Beach, I visited Low Country Pipe & Cigar which is the retail outlet for SmokingPipes.com. As some know, SomkingPipes has bought or merged with C&D. The clerk at Low Country told me that C&D was being moved to the beach. In this nice video, reference was made to the move, but they didn't say where. If C&D is moving to the beach, I may be able to get my own tour as I'm frequently at the beach and never in Morganton.

Interesting - if I caught this right - they merged with Landisi (sp?) which is the holding company that owns Smoking Pipes.

And that Jeremy guy was/does have a SP.com presence in their videos and blog, etc.

Finally got a round tuit and watched this. Very well done and informative. Mr. Tarler is very forthcoming with the information and laid back. As others have noted, I was struck by just how small the facility was. Certainly looks like they have things well in hand, and hope the move to the new facility will be a seamless one.

Cheers,

RR

Really great to see that video. I had the pleasure of visiting the same little factory back in 2011 and meeting many of the fellows there.

I was on a bit of a road trip from Tennessee to Wilson, North Carolina and it seemed like an opportunity not to be missed, I gave them a call and was told we would be very welcome to drop by.

We were so well looked after and time was of no concern to them, I even did a little trade of a pouch of St Bruno for a bag of straight burley with one of the guys

I am still smoking some of the tobaccos I picked up that day!

Thanks for posting.

Good video. Thanks for posting.

There was a similar tour video out a few years ago, and the factory looks much more cramped now.

DrumsAndBeer":i5pbmytv said:

I was suprised to hear that the same tobacco that goes in to a C&D blend is also used in GLP blends.
I thought that was common knowledge.

puros_bran":pnf8kw98 said:
DrumsAndBeer":pnf8kw98 said:

I thought that was common knowledge.
With all those Pine trees he lives amongst back in East Texas it takes awhile for info to get through to Ron :twisted: :twisted: BTW that was a DAMN fine vid of C&D's facilities and production!! Makes one wonder what the Brits are doing WRONG with the much larger facilities as compared to the boys over in the Carolinas !! :twisted: :twisted: