C&D Milonga

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
The best aromatic, IMHO, is Blue Note. I am wondering if anyone has tried Milonga? If so, do you think it is exceptional. I'm on the look out for aromatics that may appeal to my son. He thinks Blue Note is great.

-Paul

I'm not an aromatic fan, and have tossed of given away 99% of those I've purchased. But hey, I'm a teacher, so I'm really good at talking about things I know nothing about! However, I recently ordered a "variety" sample pack from Pipeworks & Wilke http://www.vtpipes.com/tobacco.html and was quite impressed with a couple of their blends. Dummerston is a barely aromatic straight Va that I really like, and their Maple Somethingoranother blend is pretty good and actually has a bit of maple taste and smell. Royal Scott is also good and mixes well with a variety of Va's and burley's to add an aromatic touch. I'd check out their Tobacco Sampler.

Natch

tranders":n0am3aw0 said:
I have about 3/4 of a tin.
Send me your addy and it's yours.
That probably means that it ain't that good! :lol:

Hi Slowpuffs,

I've not tried Milonga, so I can't help you with that.

My older son started and still loves Blue Note. Recently he has developed an appreciation for latakia blends. He seems to really like Frog Morton.

Here are a few aromatics that might suite your son:

pipes&cigars' Trout Stream
C&D's Autumn Evening
Dan Pipes Sweet Vanilla Honeydew

My guess is that he may prefer more traditional American aromatics and if so, Lane's 1-Q or the various Captain Black blends may be to his liking.

I will second Natch's recommendations for Pipeworks & Wilke's aromatics. I particularly liked Gotham Court and Rum Cake, especially because they seem to fit in with the Thanks Giving & Christmas seasons so well.

When the time comes for more of a "cross over" smoke (meaning less aromatic and more tobacco flavor) I would suggest McClelland's Honeydew and Pipeworks & Wilke's 191 for Virginia smokes and Pasha's Dream and Pembroke and Frog Morton for latakia blends.

Hope this helps a bit. That all being said, I smoke aromatics about 1/10th of the time.

TC

tranders":p7mtp4bt said:
I have about 3/4 of a tin.
Send me your addy and it's yours.
I have a tin, unopened... :D ... He is so fussy that, if it doesn't live up to Blue Note, he turns up his nose :shock: . Sounds like me :pale: ...
I've opened Auntumn Evening... I like it...
I've opened McB Cube... doesn't appeal to either of us.
I got him a sample pack of drug store aromatics...

Maybe I should stop giving him freebees :roll: ...

I think it may have been my fault a year and half ago, when he was first starting... I filled his pipe with Braken Flake and it brought him to his knees...... :lol:

I was thinking that another Dan product might widen his horizon... but getting leary of opening tins for him...

-Paul

Milonga's aroma is nice,but it just seemed flat to me flavor wise.

Sweet Vanilla Honeydew is another to consider from CAO/DAN.

I've yet to try Bluenote.Might be on my next order.