C&D Sailorman II

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
You guys that like cigar leaf blends may be interested in this. C&D is making a small amount of a blend in honor of Sailorman Jack. Similar to Billy Budd, a blend he smoked for a long time. If you place an order at C&D ask about getting a sample. Craig just blended it today. So it might need some time to meld. There is a thread at Smokers Forums about it, so some of you may already be aware.

I can remember reading Sailorman Jack's morning watch posts. Was never lucky enough to have met him.

Thanks for the head's up, Carlos! I'll have to order some when it is available.

After Sailorman Jack moved to Columbus (thanks to the overwhelming generosity of Premel Cheda of Smoker's Haven), I dropped by several times to chat and smoke a bowl with him. It was a real treat to listen to his tales from his past in NY, even as a boy growing up. Of course I enjoyed his thoughts on pipes and tobaccos as well. A true gentleman in the more current use of that word. Handlebar mustache, navy blazer, glasses. He really enjoyed Smoker's Haven's "Our Best Blend", to which he would sometimes add cigar leaf. I didn't know him long, but I miss him.

Cheers,

TC

I think Craig was going to sample it this coming week. So you may be able to ask for a sample with an order next week sometime.

I remember reading his morning watch posts on ASP. Sometimes he had a lot to say. Wonderful stories. Some poetry as I recall.

Carlos,

in a couple of weeks I should be able to order some tobacco and I'll do as your suggest. Thanks!

TC

It seems to be pretty heavily Latakia based but sounds like it might work. I think I'll wait for some reviews before I try it out.