C&D's Solace from Santa

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipeBrew

Reaction score
Well, Santa was so generous as to leave this wondrous blend with me, amoung other wonderful gifts. My wife gave me a new H.I.S. pipe, not bad for the price IMO, reddish rusticated half-bent zulu-esque with lucite stem. To date, I have only smoked two bowls and this is my very first tobacco review, alas I'm not longer a reviewing virgin, so take my review with a salt-shaker in mind.

I was told this tobacco was out of production, was rare, and was good. Upon opening the tin, slightly swelled noticeable by feel, a tobacco perfume was released for my nostrils' pleasure. When I say a tobacco perfume, I don't mean this smelled of a perfume, I mean it smelled like tobacco, but was so pleasing that I would call it a perfume. I literally wanted eat some of this tastey scented stuff. Good start, but this is only the tip of the iceberg. I would describe this mystical aroma as a sweet, fig-like, nutty, cookie-esque creation.

I filled a half bowl, because it's rather cold outside at 3 in the morning, drew my celtic-cross zippo, and lit. First taste was smokey latakia with the backing of virginias, and a hint of nutty burley. After the latakia had run it's course the sweetness of the virginias came to the frontline, with a hint of nuttiness. Then came the full, nutty burley to the forefront to say I'm a star, too, with a backing of a tobacco flavor I have yet to taste, I'm assuming to be the orientals. This taste then moved the burley out of the way with a stage-hook, and took the floor. Then the latakia returned. This cycle ran through two times to finish the smoke. No bite, one relight,and smoked dry. This is the most balanced tobacco I have smoked to date, reminding me of Dunhill My Mixture 965 with more virginian body and subdued latakia, but sweeter. So, in essence, it's really not that much like it at all, :lol: .

Incredible, so the following night, I had to revisit. Still, just a half bowl. This time around it was much different, more of melange of flavors for the majority of the smoke, none coming to the forefront, until the bottom of the bowl, then came that same cycle of flavors. Still a beautiful smoke, flavorful and intriguing. I highly recommend it if you can get your hands on some.

There was one downside however, two really, First: It was too cold to smoke an entire bowl, and second, the bowl emptied, thus ending the smoke.

:lol!:

:pipe:

Solace has That Smell! Kind of like Bridge Mixture. There is something going on inside those tins, and it's good! Ol' Outhouse does it too. Ummm...in a different way. But it does it. Sticking my nose in tins that have That Smell, is almost as good as smoking them, for me. :D

Carlos":sfc5wnmg said:
Solace has That Smell! Kind of like Bridge Mixture. There is something going on inside those tins, and it's good! Ol' Outhouse does it too. Ummm...in a different way. But it does it. Sticking my nose in tins that have That Smell, is almost as good as smoking them, for me. :D
Same here, I still want to eat it, but I figure smoking it will give a much better taste.

:lol!:

:pipe: