Calling all you experts!! What do I have??

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicklsnookresale

Reaction score
Hello folks! We own a small resale shop in central Wisconsin and let me begin by saying I know absolutely NOTHING about pipes! Other than the very fond memories of the smell of my late Grampa's vanilla tobacco (I love the smell of vanilla to this day), I have no knowledge of pipes or pipe tobacco.
We buy estates and I recently came across some interesting pipes. I'd like to post them on EBay, but I have no idea what I have. I don't even know the terms to use. I have no idea what people look for in pipes. I will post the pics of the three I have and maybe some of you experts can help me name them so I don't look like a fool when I create my EBay post - LOL.
Thank you so much for creating this forum! I'm looking forward to learning about these :)
#1 has 'HONEYBROOK" on one side and "IMPORTEDBRIAR" on the other with a yellow dot on the mouthpiece.
#2 has Just a letter A on the mouthpiece with a metal (silver?) joint
#3 has a heavy cardboard-like case with very worn green felt on the inside. It fits snug in the case, so I believe this was the original case for this pipe. The pipe has an ornate design around the bowl carved into the wood and a metal (Brass?) band around the end where the mouthpiece fits into it. The mouthpiece is loose on the pipe, but I believe it is bake light.
I tried to post pictures, but I'm not sure if they posted.
Thanks so much for all your help!!!

Over the years, there have been many average quality pipes produced, so without pics, it will be difficult to begin to narrow down the possibilities. Chances are that the pipe with the fitted case holds the most value of the bunch.

You will need a minimum number of posts, I believe 30, before your account will allow you to post pics. Once you have enough posts, you can post your pics on photobucket, and cut and paste the image code here.

Bottom line, ebay is the best place to determine the value of your pipes, by simply putting them up for bid. If you have a collectible piece, and list the nomenclature in the listing, the knowledgeable collectors will find them and bid accordingly IF you post high quality pics from all angles.

What Dutch said about having 30 posts to post pics. And you also need 30 days since registering IIRC.

Beyond that, it would be courteous if you'd post a hello in the welcome wagon forum. That way we can get to know you a bit before you launch into requests for specific info.

This is a site for pipe smokers, or those wanting to get into it. Lots of great info here, but if all you're looking for is info on reselling estate pipes then you'd be best to look elsewhere.

And I hasten to add that I'm not trying to be snooty. Most of us first do the intro thing before proceeding. Are you a pipe guy, or perhaps looking to get into it? Your first post doesn't make it look like you are currently a pipe smoker, but based on your Grampa's experience you might be?

I'm intrigued about your shop. I'm an ex-pat cheesehead so would love to know more about it and it's location. I spent 30-something years in WI so know it fairly well. Where are you located?

No I'm not a moderator, just a nosy SOB!

Cheers,

RR