Can I rant?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncobcon

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Well, probably not, no one will listen anyway! But then again... I'm just P. Off with my local post office and the crummy mail service. I went to pick up my mail at our mailbox gazebo Saturday about 11 am. In my box was a pink slip telling me that a package could not be delivered. Check at post office. The post office closes at 11 am on Saturdays, so I'll have to wait until Monday. That just aggravates me. I wish they would deliver packages to the house, but they said they can't. Now I have to make an unscheduled trip into town tomorrow. :x

The USPS service has been questionable the last few years. I refuse to send any mail from the house and go to the post office to send items or register the mail. That was the result of paid bills not arriving to a destination, then off to cancel the check at the bank. Of course no option of delivery and get what I get.

Rant away, Conrad, sounds rather frustrating.

The Royal Mail can often present it's challenges too but luckily for me our local PO is just in our local village and closes after I return from work.

Hope it gets sorted soon fella.

Americans can't wait for anything, we gotta, gotta have it RIGHT NOW.

Thankfully, our service is great and our female carrier goes above and beyond. (Admittedly, I randomly grease her with cold sports drinks in the summer and bottled frappuccinos during colder times)
Though, the USPS does have some huge dragons to slay as a whole... Didn't they run 3.9 bill in the red for 2018?

Kinda like waking up Christmas morning as a child then being informed, "no gift opening until the 28th."
I too have zero patience regarding deliveries.  ;)

Sorry to hear that Con. I've pretty much been blessed by good service.

OK, there were some snow days when I lived in my former location where the carriers couldn't get access but that's understandable.

Hope you get back on track soon.

Cheers,

RR

If my carrier can get out here, packages are left on the front deck or in the cab of a vehicle. More often of late I'll be gone for a few days and have the post office hold my mail until I pick it up, to avoid critter predation or vandalism.

Yes, they are in red ink, but they are trying to fix it by raising postage at the beginning of February. I noticed the jump around the first.

No complaints here, really.  Currently our street is torn up with a major sewer line replacement.  I mean huge trenches, six feet deep...major piles of gravel.  Back loaders, back hoes, dump trucks, flat beds in and out from 7 am til dark thirty.  Thank God the workers and drivers have been SUPER cool about moving any and all of their rigs whenever we had to get out.  And there has ALWAYS been local access to all houses...proclaimed by huge signs at each end of the project.

So one day a month or so ago I got a notice on my front door that due to blocked access they were unable to deliver a package.  It also told me when it would be available for pickup.  But ???  I mean, if they could deliver the notice to my front door???

So when I picked up the package I complained to the guy behind the counter, with the obvious explanation of what was going on...being able to get the notice but not the package.  He said he would look into it.  Took down my phone number. Turns out he is the Postmaster. For scale, my home town has a current population of 32K.

He called me that afternoon and said they had “fixed” the problem.  Apparently they had since I’ve had no further issues.

Excellent. I’ll take that.

I consider myself pretty damn fortunate when it comes to the USPS. No matter where I've lived, I've had exceptional delivery folk, and when I ran a small business, that was mostly mailorder, the people at the front counters and the delivery people gave me top service. Sure, I ran into some grumps here and there at the post office counters, but if you've ever spent ten minutes in line and heard the questions, problems, and ignorance streaming by those employees, I think you'd understand how easy it is to get grumpy. No offense to the ignorant, because if you don't use the post office often, you simply cannot know how to best go about things. There's certainly a learning curve to the whole situation. I'm as surprised as anyone, but I have to say I'm a big fan of the USPS. I wouldn't necessarily attest to the great value they offer in the past few years because of how insane shipping prices have become, but a decade ago and before, the USPS offered the cheapest prices almost across the entire planet. Most of my mailorder was international sales and trading. I got to see first hand what other people were paying for their state-operated postal service. We were spoiled and getting a great deal.

I get pretty good service. (I also tip her $100.00 every Christmas.) ;)
I still have pipes and other small, high-value items sent to my PO Box.

Our service is generally good here but I do avoid the smaller local office for shipping instead going to a larger one that consolidates for our area

Our postage is usually pretty quick due to being near hubs for many major shipping companies including USPS