Can post pictures now - my collection

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulbookbinder

Reaction score
thanks to the tutorial Kyle provided, I can now post a picture of my modest collection

left column, from top to bottom
-Pete billiard with case, hallmarked 1907
-Pete Sport billiard, hallmark 1914
-Pete Silver Supreme billiard
-two Pete tankards, churchwarden and 1/8 bent

bottom middle - Moretti chubby 1/4 bent Prince, made of Morta

right column from top

-Pete Sherlock Holmes Squire
-pete Aran 01
-Pete Aran XL02
-Pease/DiPiazza Chubby billiard

my boys (so far)

Paul

paulbookbinder":vo4tnpil said:
thanks to the tutorial Kyle provided, I can now post a picture of my modest collection

Paul
Excellent collection!

I love the tankards, especially the churchwarden!

paulbookbinder":gmycgukk said:

left column, from top to bottom
-Pete billiard with case, hallmarked 1907
-Pete Sport billiard, hallmark 1914
-Pete Silver Supreme billiard
-two Pete tankards, churchwarden and 1/8 bent

bottom middle - Moretti chubby 1/4 bent Prince, made of Morta

right column from top

-Pete Sherlock Holmes Squire
-pete Aran 01
-Pete Aran XL02
-Pease/DiPiazza Chubby billiard

my boys (so far)

Paul

An excellent collection! One question: I've been thinking about getting one of those Pease/DiPiazza Chubbies but the bit has so far stopped me. How is it holding it in your teeth? Is it one that should be held in your hand? I have a Bonfiglioli nose-warmer but the bit is narrow and I'm able to easily keep it in my mouth without holding onto it.

Thanks.

Very nice collection there! Top right bulldog and bottom right Pease/DiPiazza are my favorites.

Airborne - the Pease/DiPiazza is beautiful and a fabulous smoker, but already my clenching has caused an indentation that will sooner or later crack, right where my tooth hits just in front of the button. Compared to the Moretti Morta, it is much less friendly to clench. I just bought a package of rubber button tip protectors, have not tried them yet, but if they end up tasting like rubber they will not work out for me.

paulbookbinder":sjdjft8j said:
Airborne - the Pease/DiPiazza is beautiful and a fabulous smoker, but already my clenching has caused an indentation that will sooner or later crack, right where my tooth hits just in front of the button. Compared to the Moretti Morta, it is much less friendly to clench. I just bought a package of rubber button tip protectors, have not tried them yet, but if they end up tasting like rubber they will not work out for me.

Thanks for the feedback. I use the rubber tips on a couple of my pipes where the bits are uncomfortable and they do the trick without that rubbery taste. Good luck!

paulbookbinder":e43i8byi said:
My black lab prefers the XL02...

That pup has excellent taste. Next I expect to see a photo of him smoking that one. :lol:

That Pete Squire bulldog and those pokers (both standard and churchwarden) are awesome! 8)

Glad the instructions worked! They aren't my doing, but they're concise and handy!

Very nice collection, I love the chubbies, never had one but since I am playing Santa, and it is Christmas, and I have been a good boy, most of the time, who knows :santa: thanks for showing
Best Regards
Richard

Very Nice Indeed sir! Have a few myself but not even as old or nice as yours.
Ya cant beat a Pete.

That's a fine collection! I like the bulldog as well, but I'm partial to that shape.

Nice collection of Petes. Especially like that Sherlock Squire. I have 5 in my stable and love them all.

That 1907 though, is that the model or the mfr date? In any case it's mui bueno.

Cheers,

RR

I trully admire a man who loves his pipes.
It is good to be humble, but IMHO no collection such as yours
is modest.

"There's a story behind every bowl"

Excellent collection! My favorites are the Tankards. Thank you for sharing.

Brewdude - made in 1907. That and the 1914 I purchased online at ebay from thesecondhandsmoker.com

All - thank you for the kind words