Can this be our s.ireland?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just got this newsletter from SP. The front page has an introduction from one Shane Ireland, who appears to have been recently employed by SP.

I've traded with s.ireland and he resided in CA. Can this be the same person???

Thursday, April 17, 2014
It has been just over seven days since I arrived in South Carolina. My fiancé and I spent the better part of a week crammed into my little car amid luggage, at least a half-dozen junk-filled boxes, and our four year-old Beagle. There was a bit of urgency considering we were limited on time; I was to start my new job the following Monday. We drove at least ten hours each day and only stopped when "nature called". With a small dog in tow, one is guaranteed to stop more times than there are mile markers on Interstate 20.

If you have ever made the trip from coast to coast, then you understand what I mean when I say that it takes an entire day to traverse Texas alone. At the risk of incriminating myself, I'll admit that I received the very first speeding ticket of my life in Louisiana, where it was much more common to see lurking State Troopers than any other state we passed through.

In my best Admiral Ackbar voice: "It's a [speed] trap!"

The weather was beautiful until we found ourselves in the middle of Mississippi during a rather large storm. The rain normally isn't a problem for me, but by the time we crossed into Alabama, it hadn't let up a bit and when you throw in a seemingly endless supply of insane semi-truck drivers...things can get a bit hairy. Luckily, we made it to South Carolina by the middle of the fourth day.

Being our first time in the area, we spent the next few days settling into the new apartment and squeezing in as many touristy activities as possible. We played mini golf and putted our way around gold rush adventurers, globe trotting dinosaurs and Aztec temples (there are a ton of mini golf courses here). My fiancé had never been to a Cracker Barrel. We walked the entire Boardwalk in downtown Myrtle Beach two times.

Southern Hospitality is immediately noticeable. People are, in fact, friendlier in the Carolinas than any place I have visited. Back in California, it's unheard of for someone to smile and wave as you pass them on the road. If they do wave, it's usually with only one finger. Here, on the other hand, persons in every establishment and even strangers on the street welcomed us. I was delighted to receive a "welcome" call from Adam Davidson and an invitation to his workshop. I have watched Adam work in the past, but only collaborative efforts and demonstrations, and never in his own shop. After some serious discussion of the various benefits of taking the time to perfectly turn and polish tenons from vulcanite stock, we headed inside and I was able to try some of Adam's legendary cuisine. Adam’s artistry in the kitchen was right in keeping with the rest of the impressions surrounding my new home: Magnifique!

-- Shane Ireland

http://webmaila.juno.com/webmail/8?folder=Trash&msgNum=00001jG0:001JK2tM00002lvL&block=1&msgNature=all&msgStatus=all&count=1397778344&randid=566728889

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: 

Cheers,

RR

Can't imagine there are too many Shane Irelands out there, and even fewer in the pipe world. If it is him, I think it's an awesome move! He was in banking out in San Diego, so it's nice to think he joined the forces of light!  :lol:

If that's him, I'm happy for him. Good guy, all around (I smoked a GBD I bought from him through the Trading Post earlier this morning, in fact).

Just realized the link I posted was from my e-mail, which isn't accessible for anyone but me. Just now tried to see if the SP site had the newsletter which I could link for all to see, but no cigar.

Anyone in touch with our s.ireland who can contact him and see if it's really him?

Cheers,

RR

Hello, everyone! Long time, no post!

At least now you can see why I haven't had much time to post... I've been quite busy since the opportunity came up and I also proposed to my significant other and she said yes!

It's been a great year so far.

I'm all settled in out here is South Carolina and I look forward to being able to spend some more time in the pipe universe. I'll be in Chicago again this year, but this time it will be at the SP table and room.

And thanks for the birthday wishes over in Life Events.

Congratulations on both counts brother! Hope you enjoy Carolina it is a whole nother world kind of experience.

Best wishes to you and the Mrs to be

Jim

Thanks so much, guys! I am very lucky on both counts.

So far, I love it out here. I have always suspected that I was born in the wrong South... I can't even begin to describe how fun it is to be a part of the SPC crew. Don't forget that now that I'm on the "inside", I have access to the entire pipe library. Feel free to call with any specific questions, or simply to let me know to keep an eye out for something in particular you might be searching for; estates, tobacco or whatever.

I was hired as a copywriter, but I've been training in the customer service department. I like answering calls and writing during downtime so I'm going to try to continue to do both.  :cheers:

Sweet gig Shane, awesome on the job and the proposal brother! :cheers: 

What the others said! You certainly landed a dream gig! Congratulations, Shane!

From one Shane to another, congrats brother. Always a classy guy to deal with.

s.ireland":dy8z13a1 said:
Thanks so much, guys! I am very lucky on both counts.

So far, I love it out here. I have always suspected that I was born in the wrong South... I can't even begin to describe how fun it is to be a part of the SPC crew. Don't forget that now that I'm on the "inside", I have access to the entire pipe library. Feel free to call with any specific questions, or simply to let me know to keep an eye out for something in particular you might be searching for; estates, tobacco or whatever.

I was hired as a copywriter, but I've been training in the customer service department. I like answering calls and writing during downtime so I'm going to try to continue to do both.  :cheers:
Good for you!