Candy Crush

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinM

Reaction score
What's with the super annoying Candy Crush ads? We're all getting the steenkin things, I assume.

I use Firefox and Adblock Plus, and haven't seen an ad anywhere on this site in years, even when not logged in.

I get all sorts of ad banners at the top. Lately they haven't interfering with posts and forums opening though. Fingers crossed on that going forward.

Still need to see about installing Adblock Plus. I'm hesitant about this since the one time I tried to download something like that it didn't work for some reason. Might have something to do with it being incompatible to my Ubuntu OS or something.

Cheers,

RR

Adblock Plus is an addon for Firefox. Do it though Firefox. Upper right corner, below the X, click the three bars icon. Select Add Ons, then select Get Add Ons. Search for Adblock Plus. You will need to activate a list and there are some others you can also choose. There are some helper aps to go with it. But you can start with just Adblock Plus.

image10.jpg

Jevverrett":3ro9ns6e said:
I see a lot about Asian mail order brides on here, anybody else?
Yes - Fillipino and Thai much in evidence. Not so much lately, but also Russian brides were also the banner du jour for a while.

Really, who is chump enough to click on any of these in an attempt to find female companionship? The brain dead? Or those looking for some pr0n site they can choke the chicken?

And yes, I deliberately misspelled pr0n in an attempt to make me less of a target for targeted ads.

:x

And now that I've mentioned the above I'll probably see banner ads for them again!

:middlefinger:

No Cheers,

RR

All I've ever gotten here is the one banner ad below the BOB logo at the top of the page. Nothing else. :twisted: :twisted:

I know the ads are what keep the lights on around here, but it's a bit much at times. Lately it is one that says I can't see content as a guest

Carlos":19lca1ou said:
Adblock Plus is an addon for Firefox.  Do it though Firefox.  Upper right corner, below the X, click the three bars icon.  Select Add Ons, then select Get Add Ons.  Search for Adblock Plus.  You will need to activate a list and there are some others you can also choose.  There are some helper aps to go with it.  But you can start with just Adblock Plus.
Don't have this feature on my Firefox Carlos. Must be a different version. I'll consult with my local geek to see how I can download this.

Cheers,

RR

Most of the banners tell me my Adobe is out of date and I need to download. Click here...

I have yet to be offered an Asian wife.....

:lol!:

I've got AdBlock for Chrome, so I don't see them any more, but for a while I was getting 50/50 ads for Russian brides and ads for cloud storage solutions or network security appliances.

Regardless of whichever one I wanted, I don't need either and both are way out of my price range. :geek: