Car Accident Last Night

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kaitlyn, that you gave immediate consideration to the vehicle in front of you speaks volumes about what a wonderfully caring and considerate person you truly are, I pray that things go the right way for you and that you have not suffered any long term complications, what an inspiration you are, bravo. :sunny:

Thank you for all the well wishes! Someone posted and asked if she got cited. I believe she did but the officer didn't tell me because when he was handing me the report, they were trying to get a C-Collar on me. I'm assuming she would have had to be cited because I certainly wasn't cited.

Just sent in pictures to her insurance company. Interestingly enough, her insurance agent said that he hasn't been able to get a statement from her yet... That might be a bad sign. Oh well, we shall see!

God is good though! This morning was actually my first time really inspecting the damage. The bumper was torn off and so it looked cosmetic. Even the ladies said "It's JUST your bumper." (Side note: I wanted to slap her.). But the metal frame under the bumper actually buckled! Craziness. I'n feeling better today though and thanks again fro all the well wishes!

puros_bran":qur45bt0 said:
Wait....  What??   Are you daft Lass?  You were supposed to fall out of the car whimpering 'tell my mother I love her..it's so cold.. Look I see Angels with outstretched arms..they are so beautiful.. Ohh god it hurts'.  

SMH!  How are we ever going to open that Tiki Bar in Key West if you keep blowing oportunity like this?   :D :D :D :D :D

Glad to hear you made it okay... Hang in there a lot worse things could have happened.
I know, I know! I think I will have to pass on the blame... To my parents! You should be mad at them for raising me correctly ;)

kaitlyn3837":nmmmyw2p said:
But the metal frame under the bumper actually buckled!
Do the doors feel right when you open and close them? Do the quarter panels still look straight sighting down the side of the car? Does the car track normally? I don't know what you were driving or the extent of the damage, but they just might total your car. Bear in mind this accident will appear on the car's CarFax history. Good luck with the results.

Wow Kaitlyn, I hope the soreness goes away quickly. Best to get thoroughly checked out if you haven't already.

Best wishes to you!

what year/make/model of car do you have and do you have collision coverage?
what year/make/model of car did they have?

you insurance guy s/b the one dealing with their insurance guy.

get a copy of the police report (your insurance probably already has) so when question by their insurance you already know what they told the police. was she texting? anyone with her?

you might want to go easy on the I saw her coming and had time to jam on the brakes.. the question would be then why not scoot over out of her way.

if somehow she talked herself out of being sited.. you're pretty much screwed.

Glad you're (mostly) OK. Pay attention to the good advice on this thread.

Glad to hear there were no serious injuries, but as others said, make sure to take care of yourself and pay attention to what your body is telling you. Trauma like that can sneak up on you down the road. Hope you have a speedy recovery and everything goes smoothly!

Bullwinkle":j44xxidv said:
what year/make/model of car do you have and do you have collision coverage?
what year/make/model of car did they have?

you insurance guy s/b the one dealing with their insurance guy.

get a copy of the police report (your insurance probably already has) so when question by their insurance you already know what they told the police. was she texting? anyone with her?

you might want to go easy on the I saw her coming and had time to jam on the brakes.. the question would be then why not scoot over out of her way.

if somehow she talked herself out of being sited.. you're pretty much screwed.  
2003 Chevy Cavalier and yes I have collision coverage
2006 Chrysler mini van and she has collision coverage.
I got the report immediately right before they put me on the ambulance, so I have it in hand!
Already talked to my insurance agent AND her insurance agent and everything is going smoothly. No, I didn't say that I stopped any different than normal. All I told them was that I was at a complete stop when she hit me.
I'm pretty sure she got cited, so it should clear up soon!

A lot of good advice provided. I'm glad it was no worse for you & hope you have no further health issues. Take care of YOU!