Cardiac Lab Results & Weight Loss Journal

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":4dk3rp8x said:
At 290 now and kind of holding. Gotta get tough.
Perhaps up your activity a bit Dave? As you alluded to earlier it's simply a game of energy in versus energy out.

Also be mindful that if exercise hasn't been a regular part of your life for a while you'll probably put on some lean mass which is heavier than fat. This can make the scale's reading a little misleading.

Great progress so far though.... :cheers:

Don't get discouraged Dave. Its not uncommon when losing weight to hit a plateau and not be able to get past it. There are a few things you can tweak which might get you back on track. As mentioned by Arky uping your protein or changing your activity level (Stick)can help. If all else fails see a nutritionist. They are a great resource.

Just keep at it you're doing great

Jim

Keep at it BH, I was at 254 last Nov, I’m 5’10”. Currently at 190 and did nothing but limit portions, deprived myself of nothing and kept staying to a serving rather than sitting and consuming something while reading and going through the entire bag of chips for instance now a bag takes a long time to go through. It will be fun showing up at my 50th High School Reunion in Sept weighing what I weighed as a freshman or maybe even less, cheers and congratulations.
banjo

Blackhorse":gkbrm2c2 said:
I’m WHINNING, SNIVELING and COMPLAINING a lot more...does that count?
...errrrr, not reeeaaallllyyy, mate.

286 and heading south. Well done old chap!

From what I understand, a slow steady weight loss is healthier and better long term result. Congratulations! I'm sure you must be feeling better without that extra weight to pack around, eh?

Yes...slow loss over time is much safer medically plus the changed diet has time to imprint on your regular behavior, etc. My plan is roughly a one year program.

Re: feeling better via not dragging all the weight around.  You would not believe the physical changes, etc. it’s like I backed up about fifteen years.  

It’s a good thing I boxed up all my clothes as I “grew” out of them...or I would only have oversized t-shirts to wear. I’m wearing stuff that’s ten + years old. You know...jeans & other pants.

I also have to tie a string around my big toe and secure it to nearby objects so as not to just float away.

That is great news BH, keep up the great work there. And you're right, slowly surely is the best method and the diet change needs to be permanent, as when I stray, the weight goes right back on.

Best of luck with it all mate.

Tim

100 pounds? Achievable, enough. About three years ago, I dropped 120 in 15 months - got of my butt, paid a little attention to what I was eating, and a whole lot of attention to why I was eating.

Of course, then I started feeling cocky about the progress, took the foot off the gas, and have spent the last year and a half putting a quarter of that back on, but so it goes.

I tried to get in shape last year. Started out walking 8k steps every day. Lost 6lbs and then I had no feeling below my left knee. Long story short, doc said I have degen in L5/S1 and only a 33% chance that surgery would help. Sent me to the physical terrorist and he made it worse. So meds for 6 months until the pain stopped and now I don't do anything except poker and tobac. Cannot lift anything heavy and now use a roller bag for laptop and crap. I miss the days when I could walk, run, play golf, ride a bike . . . oh well.

I do have a recumbent exercise bike I need to get back on regularly. I could drop some pounds pretty quick doing that everyday.