Carolina Red Flake w/ Perique

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelyJ

Reaction score
Is this blend worth trying? I know it's sold out most places, but I did find a shop in the next state over with some tins and he will ship.

Also - any other C&D or GL Pease standouts I should seek out and try? I have Chenet's Cake, Haunted Bookshop and Pease's Sixpence, Maltese Falcon, Haddo's Delight. Open to any non-aromatic blends, but I definitely usually lean toward blends with Virginias, Burley, DFK, Perique, but still open to Latakia and Oriental blends.

I haven't tried the C&D Carolina Red Flake w/ Perique and don't have any, but my favorite C&D blend is "Sun Bear," especially the "Black Locust" edition from this year. It was another Small Batch release, so it's not currently available unless that shop happens to have a tin or two left. Definitely worth inquiring about if you like VaOr blends.

I'm a big fan of the C&D Carolina Red Flake + Perique. Both the 2020 and 2021 are excellent imo, if you are a lover of VaPers. Great fresh from the tin and should age beautifully. Ive smoked through almost 3 tins already.