Carrying around your tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
So I've got this issue, well issue might not be the best word for it actually. I am on the go most of the time. I work two jobs and go to school full time yet I always find time to have a smoke. However, I'm not usually at home so I don't have a designated smoking place exactly. So my question is this, how do some of you carry around your tobaccos? Right now I use a messenger bag that holds some tins and bags as well as a few pipes along with my note books and other things. Just wondering if there is a better way.

Thanks all!

I just got a 2 pipe bag from Mac Baren that is excellent. I too am on the move a lot. It holds 2 pipes has a detachable tobacco pouch and a spot for some cleaners and tools. I've been back to work for about 4 days now and it has already proved it's worth.

I have a 2 pipe tobacco combo pouch that I have been using for probably 10 years. I carry that in a leather fanny pack. I usually only carry one tobacco with me in the tobacco portion of the pouch. I use the pipe portion of the combo pouch for cleaners and carry two pipes in the front portion of the fanny pack. It is really convenient becaue when my hands are full I can just strap the fanny pack around my waste.

I am going to have to purchase another combo pouch soon becasue I redently notice that the rubber lining in the tobacco portion of the pouch is developing holes in the corners and some of the tobacco is getting in behind the rubber lining. I guess they are only good for about ten years. I really love that pouch and chances of finding one exactly like it will probably be slim.

Aaron":ib2kmpny said:
So I've got this issue, well issue might not be the best word for it actually. I am on the go most of the time. I work two jobs and go to school full time yet I always find time to have a smoke. However, I'm not usually at home so I don't have a designated smoking place exactly. So my question is this, how do some of you carry around your tobaccos? Right now I use a messenger bag that holds some tins and bags as well as a few pipes along with my note books and other things. Just wondering if there is a better way.

Thanks all!
I use a zip lock sandwich bag, for a days worth, just keep it in my pocket.

maynard":coaitpk9 said:
Aaron":coaitpk9 said:

Thanks all!
I use a zip lock sandwich bag, for a days worth, just keep it in my pocket.
That works well too!

I keep a pipe, matches and a Ziploc bag inside my truck. If I know I'm going to be gone a day or two I have a four pipe bag that I bought off of Pipestud on Ebay that works great. It will hold cleaners, pipe nail, lighter, four pipes and probably about six ounces of tobacco. Usually a tin and a couple of Ziploc bags. I take the bag with me on fishing trips and it works great.

I have a leather 2 pipe pouch with a zippered tobacco pouch built in, picked it up at the local Tinderbox for about $20. The console of my work truck usually has 5 or 6 different tins/pouches riding around in it and 2 cobs stuck up in the visor. If I'm out in the Kayak or fishing I drop a pipe and some 'Baccy in a Nalgene widemouth bottle to keep it nice and dry 8)

I have a Peterson 1 pipe pouch with a pocket for pipe nail, pipe cleaners, and a lighter. I have to bend the pipe cleaners in a U shape and the seal in the tobak pouch is poor so I keep my weed rolled in a zip lock bag from the B&M. Its a great for a on the go pipe but if your going to travel its a little on the small size.
Dan

I have Leather pouch from the 70s that has 5 pouches in front that hold up 1/2oz each for my differnt tobbacos then in the back it had two large pockets one i can put a tin in and the other for 2 or three pipes + cleaners mathces tampers ect.. then i have a pipe in my pocket and one in my mouth.

I have a leather 5-pipe carry bag (?). It has a detachable leather tobacco pouch inside; good for keeping the tobak fresh for a day or two. I usually fill a plastic baggie with tobak and throw it inside the carry bag. The bag has enough expansion to hold it with no problem (I seldom carry more than 3 pipes!) FTRPLT

I travel with one small and one large Castleford pouch, both surgical latex lined. And these are carried in a nice pipe bag - ball-glove outer, deerskin liner, and water buffaloe laces. The latter is fantastic.

Buddy