Cartaphilus

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ

Reaction score
I'm sure that many of you have noted that our Brother Ron hasn't been posting like he normally does. I just got a PM from him and he wanted me to tell everyone that he has been under the weather for a while do to pain. The pain has tapered off a bit but he had to order new glasses and it's a big problem for him trying to type using an old pair. Ron said he will be back as soon as the new glasses arrive. I for one will be happy when he returns because hopefully he will have some pipes that he made and we might get s chance to admire his handiwork . :)

AJ

Looks like this age thing is getting to all of us !! :twisted: Will be good to have him back when he can !! :twisted: :twisted:

He did say he was hurting a while back, as I recall. Needing glasses as well could set even Ron back a few. Good to hear he has the situations in hand!

1st,Thank ya all for your thoughts. I had some pain, more then usual and was going to go to the doctors about it but, the pain subsided and when on a limited income ya gotta choose wisely, so I decided I needed new lenses before going to a MD. It's been real hard seeing things lately and I'm a year or so past due for some. I'm doing fine right now and have to limit my activity to only what I NEED to do and try to fit in what I want to do. Kinda like being married again. As AJ said, I'm wearing an old pair of specks so I won't be posting a lot cause it's a real eye strain to see and type but, I've been doing a little as of late. I gotta wait 8-10 days for my new lenses to be fitted to my frames, hopefully that goes quickly. Again, thank you all for your concern and kindness. ;)

Good to hear you'll soon be back to your old 'cheerful' self Ron.
Keep taking care.

Adam

Quote/paraphrase Bette Davis..."Gettin' old ain't for sissies!" Take care of yourself, Cart/Ron. :cheers: FRPLT

Nicely done Adam!

My thoughts are with you Ron. Pain sucks and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Take it easy mate. Good to see you back posting.

Thanks guys, although I don't know how cheerful I'll be out of the ordinary smiling self that I am I sure appreciate all your best wishes and concerns.

Well, I have been away for a while myself, and it's a pleasure to see that AJ and the old crew are still on board. Good luck with the glasses Ron. I've been missing the usual BoB camaraderie spending too much time elsewhere..
Cheers all.
Andy

docwatson":hsg318d0 said:
Well, I have been away for a while myself, and it's a pleasure to see that AJ and the old crew are still on board.  Good luck with the glasses Ron. I've been missing the usual BoB camaraderie spending too much time elsewhere..
Cheers all.
Andy
And welcome back to you!! Where you been hidin'??? :cheers: FTRPLT

Hate to admit it but I've been doing more looking than posting, mostly on FB. And it keeps me in contact with family which I don't have much communication with because of living so far apart. And there is so much info on everything pipes and tobacco it has taken most of my interest. Sorry. Many of the folks I know from pipe shows around the country and Europe are also on FB so that's pretty much the story. I hope things are going well here, I do pop in sporadically and will try to be more attentive. Cheers.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having medical problems, Cart, and I hope you'll be on the mend soon and your new lenses will arrive without delay.

Thanks again guys, I'm counting the days till my new lenses come in, it's a real pain squinting to type and I can only do it for so long till I get eye strain. Can't work on anything till they come in. Just limited to watching TV and seeing things at a moderate distance, driving is a experience at best. At least it's not accompanied by the pains I had. ;)

I feel your pain RON.  Getting old is a bitch but I don't like the other option.  Hope you are feeling fine soon.   MIKE

FYI Ron try this as I have been using pinholes for years when in a pinch MIKE
http://www.myopia.org/pinholes.htm

Thank you Mike.
I didn't even know they still made those pinhole glasses.

Got my new lenses in today and WOW! the things I've been missing. :fpalm: