Carter hall, prince albert, five brothers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somedumbjerk

Reaction score
man. i love that trilogy. today was the first day this week i didn't smoke the trinity. today i did slice of gold and some GLP VA's (four pipes today! woot!!)

but seriously. i've been smoking really good high end aged tobaccos lately, and carter hall is something that i think i'll have around for the rest of my life. along with five brothers for sure. now i'm tempted to do the whole walnut and sugar barrel thing. it's crazy how these OTC baccys are just light and go. solid good flavor, albeit one dimensional, and the only time i've consistently had a full bowl lit with one match. if you haven't done it yet, do it. makes me want to get a freehand cob so i can have a nice lone smoke of carter hall in the morning with my coffee.

I went on a little American OTC fling a while back & I definitely enjoyed Carter Hall heads and tails above the rest.

I could go the rest of my life w/o ever smoking Sir Walter Raleigh again and be perfectly content. :lol!:

Ya can't not like Carter Hall. I'm not sure that's possible.

5 Bros I've never tried but my understanding is that it's smoked for the nicotine infusion only, and not so much the flavor.

Storm_Crow":ons292hs said:
Ya can't not like Carter Hall. I'm not sure that's possible.

5 Bros I've never tried but my understanding is that it's smoked for the nicotine infusion only, and not so much the flavor.
it's kind of nutty, and very ciggarettish, but in a good way. i do like to mix it with weaker blends, like carter hall. also chases a ghost almost as fast as alcohol and salt, with the added bonus of having a smoke. but i'm also pretty tolerant of the fair lady n.

CH is always on hand here, just a step above PA. Never touched FBs, don't care the Nic hit. Haven't done Granger since the 60's; but enjoy Walnut (hear that JustPipes!!!!!!):p FTRPLT

I just added a 14 oz tub of PA to my personal hoard simply because it's such a dependable, low-maintenance tobacco. Cheap, too. Sure, every bowlful will taste like the previous one, but come rake-the-steenkin-leaves season etc., PA will be welcome when I just don't feel much like messing with something that insists I have to pay attention to it. Ya know, come to think of it, I don't remember ever smoking CH. Weird. I'll have to remedy that oversight.

I'd like to throw some Half & Half into the mix...just for the burly cleanout effect.

Prefer PA for a geezer blend. Straightforward and uncomplicated. Also use it to build cake in new pipes.

CH is fine, but too mild for my tastes.

Three Brothers is mostly all about the nic and little taste. Still, it's good for a parfait when one wants to ignite moister 'baccy underneath. The shag cut is fine for this.

That's my short experience.

Cheers,

RR

pepesdad1":ahzu7e4y said:
I'd like to throw some Half & Half into the mix...just for the burly cleanout effect.
Sounds like a better way to go than colonic irrigation.