Carter Hall

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished a bowl of CH in the BIG PIPE. Not what I was expecting, but I like it. Not my island smoke, but wouldn't yell too much if it was all I had.

For me, CH is a great blend for breaking in a new pipe - when I'm not sure what type of tobacco (VA, English, Aro) I'm going to use it for. Being neutral, I can switch to anything and experience no ghosting at all.

Rob_In_MO":okeg7jiv said:
For me, CH is a great blend for breaking in a new pipe - when I'm not sure what type of tobacco (VA, English, Aro) I'm going to use it for. Being neutral, I can switch to anything and experience no ghosting at all.
I like Solani ABF for breaking in pipes.

I recently picked up some CH just to try it out. Haven't smoked it yet but I plan to. Since it's so reasonably priced, aside from smoking it straight I decided to use it as a base tobacco mixture to blend with as well. I have a 3 parts CH 1 part Stokkebye Black Cav mixture that I mixed up melding in a mason jar. I also have some other plans for blending with it.

DrumsAndBeer":91bkmkbd said:
Rob_In_MO":91bkmkbd said:
I like Solani ABF for breaking in pipes.

I recently picked up some CH just to try it out. Haven't smoked it yet but I plan to. Since it's so reasonably priced, aside from smoking it straight I decided to use it as a base tobacco mixture to blend with as well. I have a 3 parts CH 1 part Stokkebye Black Cav mixture that I mixed up melding in a mason jar. I also have some other plans for blending with it.

I agree with the blending. I find it to just be Marlboro cig tobacco otherwise. It is everywhere here in tubs, pouches. A bunch of the roll your own crowd use it around here. I tried it and have a little left. I mixed it with some Black Gold just to use it up. I know a lot of folks like it though.

I like to mix in some Five Brothers for a Burley Buzz Bomb.

DrumsAndBeer":bl699vuo said:
Steveaux":bl699vuo said:
I like to mix in some Five Brothers for a Burley Buzz Bomb.
Now that's old school.
I used to work with a fellow who showed me that one. He put FB in everything.

I've been a fan of the weed for 49 years this month, but had never tried CH until about 6 months ago. I had always assumed it to be one of those aromatics cased with sugar, so I just avoided it. Write that off to youthful impressionism or ignorance. Eventually found my way onto a piping website earlier this year (yeah, I'm slow about a lot of things), and heard some respectable comments made of it. Curiosity stirred the cat, and I bought a pouch. Found it to be a nice, mild, evenly balanced Burley, nothing spectacular, but a good, every day, most of the day, smoke. I now have a pouch in my shop, my pickup, and in my guncart; while not a real favorite like Butternut Burley, it is a good, regular smoke, and at an attractive price point.

CH is a fantastic OTC... I remember my grandpa would mostly smoke it... great stuff in my book

I tried it for the first time today. Not bad. It wouldn't be on my bulk buy list but it is nice to know it's readily available in a pinch.

Love it,my go to .I smoke mostly "otcs". Funny though, can't find Carter Hall in tubs any where around me.