Castello time

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Originally I had planned to do my windcapped pipes with non removable cap. I picked up this Castello Collection KKKK Grade with original silver hallmarked cap assembly.

I had just made a commitment to purchase a Castello 40th Anniversary Limited Edition of 50 pipes made in 1987 so I figured why not show my Castello pipes since I'm one short of a 7 day set using a rack that was gifted to me by a dear friend. Keeping it smokey with more Esoterica Tilbury.
banjo

35752963351_e05e088e09_z_d.jpg

Castello has so many quintessential shapes. For instance, I don't think anyone makes a better looking lovat than the 75 (I define a lovat to be a canadian with a short saddle stem). Or the canted pot 55. Or their large bulldogs. Or the oom paul 97. Or the bent billiard 65. And they tend to class up otherwise gaudy configurations and ideas (flame). Like the Danes, a really sharp eye for angles and curves.

A brand that I have always coveted,but will never be able to afford. :(

If cost is a problem look for older smoked ones. Especially if they have the registration number. Those are very good smokers. (my oldest Castello is registered and stamped "1948".)

Wouldn't know because it's unsmoked.... it's been hard to resist. But based on others I made I would say it would do pretty good. I used high quality Italian briar and the best lucite stem blank.