Castello

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron

Reaction score
Um yeah, Castello is looking good. I think I will be needing one soonish.

Grey Fox is having a good sale right now and they just implemented a three month payment system if you want to space out the payments.

ragtopbob":ah7i75yt said:
Can't go wrong with a Castello Aaron. Go for it!!
I will... I hope... Need more bones... Ain't got no bones....

Castello makes some nice looking pipes, but for the money I'd rather own a Rinaldo or Ser Jacopo.

But if you can get a great deal on one, go for it, definetely.

Just my few cents.

Matt

There was a time that I thought Renaldo was the answer also, so I bought a few. What I found was that they lacked consistancy i.e., some were really really good and some were so so. (I still have the really really good ones.) I can't comment on Ser J. I've never owned one. However, I do have a few Castello Sea Rocks and every one of them does rock!

Where's a good place online to shop for Castellos other than eBay? Two of their shapes have caught my eye, and I think I'd like to start watching for a new pipe.

Zeno Marx":p92m94k2 said:
Where's a good place online to shop for Castellos other than eBay? Two of their shapes have caught my eye, and I think I'd like to start watching for a new pipe.
Check out smokingpipes.com they carry a large selection of Castello pipes, and they offer outstanding customer service. (No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.) Keep us posted on your Castello odyssey; I want one too, some day!

Castello consistently produces way above average smokers. I only have four of them, but you can't tell one from the other in smoking quality. They are pretty much the benchmark by which I judge all pipes in smoking quality. They start with high quality briar, and I think they say they age it all at least ten years, and I think that has to be the reason for their consistent high quality.

I'm really enjoying mine. I got it from gray fox online. Marty Pulver's site has a few that I've seen. Smoking pipes as said before. There's more out there I'm sure.

I'll second the vote for checking out Marty Pulvers' site
www.Sherlocks-Haven.com
He's usually got a great selection of unsmoked Castellos.

Park Lane Tobacconist also has a good selection of Castellos. I don't visit the site because my credit card leaps out of my wallet....

I'm in the mood to look at and admire Castellos. If anyone knows of a shop/online store with a nice selection, a collector with a nice photo gallery on their personal webpage, a thread on another board with some photos, or anywhere else with some Castello eye candy, I'd appreciate knowing about it. It all started with some cursory research on a couple shapes, and now I have the bug to see even more. Let me know, please!

In the past year or so, I've seen some really sharp Castellos in deep reddish/orange color + smooth bowl, or smooth panels on the bowl, and dark-colored sea rock shanks. Multi color. Multi texture. Is there a name for that? Does it fall under the Pi stamp?

Along the same lines, some of the fuming they do is exemplary. Industry standard if you ask me. I don't normally think much one way or another, but they definitely have an eye for coloration.