CATS!!!!!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody ever get a cat on purpose?
(Let alone actually paid for one.)
I've had cats most of my life, but
it always seems that they find me.
I've researched breeds and bought
dogs from thousands of miles away.
The damn cats just show up. :lol:
cats10.jpg

He has come out from behind the cooler some 5 days ago. He is getting along well with one of my original cats, not well with the other who has taken up her station under the bed. Given my knowledge of the personalities of my original cats, events are unfolding just as I foresaw.

But he's having a hard time being integrated into the household and has taken up his position, generally disgruntled, in the laying portion at the top of a cat tower that came with him. Won't let me pet him very much, but last night as I was on the throne he head-butted me and let me pet him for about 5 minutes, so all of my attempts to reach out to him have not gone unnoticed.

Turns out though that all of this has been fostering. The original owner, a 20 y/o collegiate who dreams of being photographed by "Playboy" (yes, she has a good rack), who did absolutely nothing to find him a home all summer but who has, at the last minute, come forward in strength (she can't have the cat, much to her dismay, as one of her roommates is allergic), and has asserted ownership rights and talked her mother into taking him. Her mom is a cat person and has had cats for most of her life and meets my criteria for a good home-I am an animal advocate and wouldn't have agreed to this otherwise, the animal's needs come first-and in this way the young woman can see her cat when she comes home to visit, which is frequently as her school is close by.

So I'm caught in the middle. How wish it were otherwise and I could keep him! He is a magnificent animal, black and long haired, a corona of silver about his head, his tail must be 3" in diameter, and a sweetheart when all is said and done.

I'm going to be sad when he's gone, but I think it's all for the best. As long as he has a good home, who am I to to say no to the owner's wishes that surged only at the last moment.

AB, keep the cat bro!!!!! this is of utmost importance!!
In that way the Playboy rack can come visit her cat round your place, Perfect!!!!!!!!
Solution found!!!!!!!
Time to think pro active here AB, we are all rooting for you brother!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, I am a dog person, but will seriously consider becoming a cat person as it seems my brother, cat fostering comes with huge benefits!!!!!!!

3 cheers for AB!!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

bluedigital":00vq5a1u said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I was thinking the exact same thing Piet :lol: :lol: :lol:

All for the manne bru!!!!!
you my friend, on the other hand live in Rack city!!!!!!!
Camps bay on a weekend!!!!! man o man!!!!!!

Peter, thank you for your usual, unflagging support, but I have to give in to the original owner's wishes as they now come forward in the package of a good home of her choosing. Yeah, she f*ucked up by not finding him a home all summer (but we all know how irresponsible the young can be), and she's put forward a plausible plan; I mean, what if it were my cat I'd raised from a kitten, to whom I'm very attached, and I made some mistakes but corrected them. It would break my heart if that cat were forcibly removed from my life!

I've offered her all reasonable access to the cat should he live with me permanently, but she doesn't want to visit it here, she wants to own it and visit it at her mom's house, when she visits her. One stop shopping.

Yes, I am the loser in all of this, but it's taught me how to integrate a new animal into my household, which I've thought of for some time.

BTW, how's your dog doing?

Thanks again, Peter!

Piet Binsbergen":t8wmuq2t said:
bluedigital":t8wmuq2t said:

Thanks for that Piet I now have my weekend mapped out for me ... roll on Summer!! :cheers: :cheers:

meanwhile, alfredo, dust off that camera, make a nice little laminated 'official playboy photographer' badge, and be ready!

alfredo_buscatti":wna23zk4 said:
You know how cats can unerringly jump, not being able to see the surface that they're going to land on, and land without incident? Well, I'm fostering a rather large male (a fantastic cat both in looks and personality, just hate to see him go, but he's going to a good, permanent home) who jumped up on top of my computer table, and in so doing knocked over half cup of coffee all over my keyboard.

Keyboard might be damaged. I have an IMac with a cordless keyboard. Could be pricey.

Thought someone should know.
Dishwasher (take out batteries). It'll either de-gunk it or firmly kill it. It's ok since ya got nothing to loose.

I'm my own worse enemy :roll: I recall the first computer a Tandy... in the days of no "hard drives"... One night I spilt beer all over the key board :drunken:

The next day I sheepishly took it into the repair shop.... the guy doubled over with laughter, knowing I was a minister :oops: ...

It's happened since then :lol: ... but I've learned that you need to wait and let the key board dry out.... It's a PC so maybe Mac's are more sensitive....

alfredo_buscatti":cpgbd85t said:
Peter, thank you for your usual, unflagging support, but I have to give in to the original owner's wishes as they now come forward in the package of a good home of her choosing. Yeah, she f*ucked up by not finding him a home all summer (but we all know how irresponsible the young can be), and she's put forward a plausible plan; I mean, what if it were my cat I'd raised from a kitten, to whom I'm very attached, and I made some mistakes but corrected them. It would break my heart if that cat were forcibly removed from my life!

I've offered her all reasonable access to the cat should he live with me permanently, but she doesn't want to visit it here, she wants to own it and visit it at her mom's house, when she visits her. One stop shopping.

Yes, I am the loser in all of this, but it's taught me how to integrate a new animal into my household, which I've thought of for some time.

BTW, how's your dog doing?

Thanks again, Peter!
Hey AB, no sweat.
My dog was pt to sleep yesterday, so I am well aware of pet lovers having their hearts broken!!
Email Sent!!!

bluedigital":ncvmspu9 said:
Piet Binsbergen":ncvmspu9 said:
bluedigital":ncvmspu9 said:

Thanks for that Piet I now have my weekend mapped out for me ... roll on Summer!! :cheers: :cheers:
Take some Pictures for us BRU!!!!!!! :cheers:

Cats are never comfortable riding on a motorcycle no matter how much duct tape you use.

Rodney

I had to resurrect this thread... I had my pipe plugged in my jaw (Granger, Kawoodie lovat) and picked up one of the cats.

He grabbed the pipe right out of my mouth! Just reached out and grabbed the bowl between his paws. (Good thing I was smoking nice and cool.)

Now, I don't believe this was an antismoking gesture--he loves sitting in my office while I smoke. I think the little scamp was jealous. He'll need a nice, light briar... does Greg Pease blend catnip?

Doc Manhattan":icvk3d08 said:
... does Greg Pease blend catnip?
Sorry. Greg is a Dog Person. The only fitting use he sees for cats is as moving targets for spitballs and the odd empty tobacco tin.