Cavicchi

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPT/VSG

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I just read the article about Claudio Cavicchi in the Winter 2008 issue of P & T and then looked at four of his pipes at the local B & M. What's the opinion of his work? I have to admit that I really like the look of the pipes but I'm not sure how they smoke. The article says that Cavicchi stresses the technical aspects of pipemaking over just looks alone but I'm curious if anyone has any experience with them.

I've owned three or four over the years and they all smoked very well, looked fine, and were great values. They only passed through my hands because I'm focused on the Tinsky clan.

Buddy

C/V

I've got 2 Cavicchi's that I smoke regularly and they are amazing. Nice open draw with no gurgle. Nice thing about Cavicchi, whether its a 1C or his top of the line Diamonte you receive the same superb engineering. Highly recommended.

My Cavicchi 5C billiard
cb3-1.jpg

My Cavicchi 2C bent
cavicchibent.jpg

My Cavicchi 5C billiard is the best pipe I own,smoking,aesthetics,the whole package!I look to purchase a couple more in the next year,probably 1C or 2C models....or a couple more Castellos....or a Dunny..... :)
Tony

A few years ago, I stopped at the The Briary in Birmingham, AL, the sole importer of Cavicchi Pipes at the time. I would venture to guess that Cavicchi had the best grain and workmanship for the price then and maybe so now. I did buy one that day but have since traded it and am now concentrating on individual makers in the US.

Jim..my ha'pence worth

I have 11 1C Roughs and highly recommend them. They are sturdy and very likely will outlast me. As someone said, you get the same engineering whether you smoke a 1C or a diamonte. If all my pipes were restricted to one maker, I'd choose Cavicchi.

Same here! I have owned two of them and if I was going to pull the trigger on a new pipe right now it would be a Cavicchi. I have been eying one on the Briary website.

I see somebody just snagged the billiard with the crack top @ pipes2smoke within the last few days.

:face:

Even' All, I have two an older 1c smooth Napoli, and a 3c Calabash, would never hesitate in buying another!, Ken. :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

I have a rusticated 2C Poker that is a great smoking pipe. Cavicchi is one of the better Italian carvers IMHO. I wouldn't mind getting a Cavicchi Bulldog or Rhodesian.

The Cavicchi Prince @ Briar Blues is moving to Yaksylvania :cheers: :cheers:

Now once GLP's delivery system gets Key Largo rolling, there'll be one more match made in heaven. :D :D :D

:face:

I smoked a 1C rusticated yesterday and it was really pretty amazing for a first bowl--although I was told the Cavicchis require a break-in period, this one was flavorful (or as Min Ron Nee would say flavorsome) from the start. The draw was great, the bowl never got hot; this one will clearly be a great smoker.

Mikem":dub27b90 said:
I have a rusticated 2C Poker that is a great smoking pipe. Cavicchi is one of the better Italian carvers IMHO. I wouldn't mind getting a Cavicchi Bulldog or Rhodesian.
I have a 2c rusticated rhodesian that is wonderful. Nice to look at, nice feel in the hand, and most importantly a great smoker! :D

I've like this brand so well that I'm up to 4 so far--two 1 C rusticateds, a 1 C smooth, and a 5 C. I think the 1 C rusticateds are about as good a value for the price as there is out there--and I like the way they look.

pipedirector":ucw792iq said:
So how does Cavicchi size up to say Ser Jacopo or Ardor in comparison?

:?:

Matt
The engineering and workmanship is a bit more hit and miss with Cavicchi, at least with the lower graded pipes. With Ser Jac, even their Gepetto line is engineered very very well and the QC is high. I wish I could compare Ardor, still haven't managed to pick one up even after all these years of drooling over them.

I bought 2 last month with picture on this site under photos and love both of them. They went to the top of my favorites and only a few Caminetto's from the mid 1970's are in the same level. I absolutely can recommend them with no hesitancy at all. The smoke as good as they loo and that it pretty darn good! Really can't say enough about them.

Skip