Cayce's "Earth Changes" (?)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Article :

Right now, the ground underneath Yellowstone National Park is rising at a record rate. In fact, it is rising at the rate of about three inches per year. The reason why this is such a concern is because underneath the park sits the Yellowstone supervolcano – the largest volcano in North America. Scientists tell us that it is inevitable that it will erupt again one day, and when it does the devastation will be almost unimaginable. A full-blown eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano would dump a 10 foot deep layer of volcanic ash up to 1,000 miles away, and it would render much of the United States uninhabitable. When most Americans think of Yellowstone, they tend to conjure up images of Yogi Bear and “Old Faithful”, but the truth is that sleeping underneath Yellowstone is a volcanic beast that could destroy our nation in a single day and now that beast is starting to wake up.

According to the Daily Mail, the magma “hotspot” underneath Yellowstone is approximately 300 miles wide…

It would explode with a force a thousand times more powerful than the Mount St Helens eruption in 1980.
Spewing lava far into the sky, a cloud of plant-killing ash would fan out and dump a layer 10ft deep up to 1,000 miles away.

Two-thirds of the U.S. could become uninhabitable as toxic air sweeps through it, grounding thousands of flights and forcing millions to leave their homes.
#1 A full-scale eruption of Yellowstone could be up to 1,000 time more powerful than the eruption of Mount St. Helens in 1980.

#2 A full-scale eruption of Yellowstone would spew volcanic ash 25 miles up into the air.

#3 The next eruption of Yellowstone seems to be getting closer with each passing year. Since 2004, some areas of Yellowstone National Park have risen by as much as 10 inches.

#4 There are approximately 3,000 earthquakes in the Yellowstone area every single year.

#5 In the event of a full-scale eruption of Yellowstone, virtually the entire northwest United States will be completely destroyed.

#6 A massive eruption of Yellowstone would mean that just about everything within a 100 mile radius of Yellowstone would be immediately killed.

#7 A full-scale eruption of Yellowstone could also potentially dump a layer of volcanic ash that is at least 10 feet deep up to 1,000 miles away.

#8 A full-scale eruption of Yellowstone would cover virtually the entire midwest United States with volcanic ash. Food production in America would be almost totally wiped out.

#9 The “volcanic winter” that a massive Yellowstone eruption would cause would radically cool the planet. Some scientists believe that global temperatures would decline by up to 20 degrees.

#10 America would never be the same again after a massive Yellowstone eruption. Some scientists believe that a full eruption by Yellowstone would render two-thirds of the United States completely uninhabitable.

#11 Scientists tell us that it is not a matter of “if” Yellowstone will erupt but rather “when” the next inevitable eruption will take place.

What makes all of this even more alarming is that a number of other very prominent volcanoes around the world are starting to roar back to life right now as well.

For example, an Inquisitr article from back in July described how “the most dangerous volcano in Mexico” is starting to become extremely active…

Popocatepetl Volcano is at it again. The active volcano near Mexico City erupted again this morning, spewing ash up into the sky.

The volcano is currently in the middle of an extremely active phase. According to the International Business Times, the volcano has registered 39 exhalations in the last 24 hours.

An eruption earlier this month caused several flights to be canceled in and out of Mexico City.

The BBC notes that officials raised the alert level yellow following Popocateptl’s eruption on Saturday morning. Yellow is the third-highest caution level on the city’s seven step scale.
And an NBC News article from August noted that one of the most dangerous volcanoes in Japan has erupted 500 times so far this year…

Ash wafted as high as 3 miles above the Sakurajima volcano in the southern city of Kagoshima on Sunday afternoon, forming its highest plume since the Japan Meteorological Agency started keeping records in 2006. Lava flowed just over half a mile from the fissure, and several huge volcanic rocks rolled down the mountainside.

Though the eruption was more massive than usual, residents of the city of about 600,000 are used to hearing from their 3,664-foot neighbor. Kagoshima officials said in a statement that this was Sakurajima’s 500th eruption this year alone.
http://www.silverdoctors.com/yellowstone-supervolcano-alert-the-most-dangerous-volcano-in-america-is-roaring-to-life/

:face: 

Sounds to me like there are two choices here. Stay as far away as possible or get as close as possible. Not sure I like the first option. The government has already gone to hell in a hand basket, not sure I'd want to see how low they sink in a truly dire situation. This is not the country it once was!

Jim

Glad I learned to speak Spanish as South America is beginning to look REAL GOOD :twisted: 

YellowstoneFalloutAshBed.gif

:face: 

Cool info. Can't control it so if it happens in my lifetime, I'll just have to go along for the ride.

Meh, in my line of work, I get to talk to geophysicists, vulcanologists, geologists, etc.   A lot of them laugh about the media attention and buttered academia scientists that are studying Yellowstone.  

To my understanding, it's more a Super Caldera than a Supervolcano.   It's a giant, unstable area with pressurized magma close to the surface.   I can't remember where I saw it, but responding to the underground seismic, sonic, magnetronic and gravitational readings of the Yellowstone area, it's basically a big "cone" shape under the ground.   Yet, it is inverted versus other volcanoes.  More of a "V" shape.   Anyway, the response I saw was a guy had a cone funnel inverted, filled with flour (so the wide opening was up), and next to it, another flour-filled funnel but with the nozzle tip facing up.   One, a classic volcano, another, the caldera-like structure.   Equal amounts of air pressure, and quite a bit of it, went through both funnels.  The one facing wide-side up represented Yellowstone.  The air pushed around the sides, releasing in spots, not in others, and had "burps" as gravity tried to fill in space that was being vacated by air and flour.  It made a little mess, but not like the air shooting a steady stream of flour-infused clouds like the funnel under pressure with the nozzle pointing upward.  

Does that mean Yellowstone fears are all hype?  No. Just misdirected and half the story reported (as usual).  Will it shotgun an earth-shattering plume and cause the apocalypse?  Not likely, and for many factors.   Pressure, gravity, uneven earth and underground structures (especially volcanic/igneous rock being young and rife with inconsistencies) make this a debatable scenario.  If you ask me, I think we have a better chance of getting shut down by a massive solar eruption that knocks out the electrical grid, or a huge asteroid getting past the eyes in the sky and hitting the earth.    Though there is an increase in volcanic activity, earthquake activity as whole is diminishing.  Yes, I remember Japan.   Kind of a push/pull thing.   Lots of little pops in white noise versus a shotgun blast.   Same energy, different dispersion.   One we barely notice, the other scares the crap out of us.  Modern geology and its kin are some of the youngest sciences.  Little-known fact:  many out-of-work geologists transition easily into being meteorologists, another very interpretive field, even for all the computers, models, lists and educational pondering.

All of those scenarios are unpredictable, merely observation-only, and soft-sciences.   The presentation of them being as they are happen to be our version of the 1950s horror flicks with the foam monsters and bad acting.   But hey, they scared some people.    Our version of doom just happens to have a slightly better chance of "getting us."  

I sleep okay at night.   Mostly because there's just some things you can't do much about.   Plus, if I were to die by massive geological catastrophe, the geo-nerd in me would find that a fitting end.  :lol:

8)

Popocateptl has indeed been quite active over the last couple of years. Unfortunately, the city itself is usually so polluted that you can't get a clear view of it. What we notice mostly are dustier homes and flu-like symptoms the days it's spewing a lot of ash. There are varying reports as to how dangerous the situation is but the general opinion is that it's safe for now. I'm sure the public will be notified should the situation worsen. The one good thing that came of the '85 earthquake is that emergency response is first rate.

If you're curious as to what an active volcano looks like up close, this is a link to a live view of Popocateptl. I check in from time to time, but it's usually too cloudy to see much.

The only outlook that makes much sense to me is "if it's going to happen, it's going to happen". Worry won't change it.

This has happened before. Remember the mount McKinley (how ever its spelled) eruption . The land rose some much at one point the water in that lake was into the forest beside the lake.

I was close enough at least so you knew what I was talking about!
This CRS isn't improving!!

Yak":zs8uft8s said:
OH WELL :twisted: :twisted: ya gotta die someway and someday :twisted: :twisted:  Onward thru the Fog  :twisted: :twisted:

The one thing that picture tells me is someone is milking the absolute most effect out of a barely plausible situation. I suppose if the jet stream took a break and just a phalanx of high-pressure systems all settled in that ash fallout would happen that way, but...everything east of the volcano (and likely south, depending on season) would be where the cover would go. Volcanoes never erupt in just one explosion, it's almost never directly up (I don't care what artist interpretation was presented in your schoolbooks) and for that matter, the type of eruption and material it carries is never guaranteed. We just don't know.

Still a great horror story, just wait until the 3D IMAX movie of it comes out! "Based on actual, possible future events!" God help me if Tarrantino puts kung-fu zombies in it. Damn, I shouldn't have said that... :lol: ...I think a worse catastrophe is our edu-tainment fad--how wrong can that go? :lol: No wonder I prefer the Twilight Zone (figuratively and literally).

8)

We teach a course called GEOG 3333: Geography of Natural Hazards in my department.  I usually am not the instructor, but I have taught it.  The student's love the death & destruction aspect of it.  The New Madrid Fault Zone is locally, probably the most popular topic.  Every kid in this part of country learns about the 1811-1812 swarm and I bring in a couple of my former students that now work for FEMA and state emergency agencies to discuss how it would impact Memphis (gone!) to St. Louis (just about gone, sorry Rob!) to our community (middle of Arkansas).  Although we're rather close to the fault zone, its impact wouldn't be as great as most of the East Coast, due to several geologic transition zones with resulting wave loss.  But every bridge, every water line, every sewer line, and most electric lines  would be gone for perhaps years to come.  Pretty tough situation.

But don't fret, as I tell my students, if everything goes well and no natural disaster takes you out today, well, there's always that undiscovered killer asteroid with your name on it coming at Earth at 32,000 miles per hour!

Or, another perspective is:

Natch

Natch":f9f7hmir said:
Ain't it the truth Mr Natural!!

Just had the "Great Shakeout" day here in WA state today. They say the Pacific plate (just off our coast) is due (or overdue, depending on how you interpret the data) for a catastrophic 9.0 quake that will kill 10K at the very least! And that is just the estimate on the coast!!

beafro.gif

Apparently the "big one" is supposed to be a shallow quake that will trigger tsunamis and trigger thrust faults on land, the worst kind. Violent shaking could go on for 20 min.

I've been through 3 shakers since living in the Pac NW for going on 23 yrs. There's been many more but these are the ones that get noticed.

Had a couple of 4 pointers that will get your attention, and had the large 6.9 (or 7.1 depending on your source) back in '01. That one was a deep quake, and while it was centered some 60 miles or more from me the results made it like trying to walk in one of those carnival funhouses where the floor was going back and forth about 12"!!

A 9 pointer would truly be catastrophic to our region, yet equally it may not happen in my lifetime. All one can do is be prepared as best as one can. And I do, without being obsessive about it.

Cheers,

RR