CCDL vs. Heinrich's CC

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipetongue1

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Even' All, I think I'll have a go at this, stating first that i went back to Knox and read all of Dons Vito, Alfredo, and tj :) , and got totally fuged up! Something that wasn't noted unless I missed it, That HCC does have perique spun into it, I've went to TR and no mention of it there! But on the cannister there is on the bottom,a goodly dose , I would say 12%, so what have we now a comparrison of apples to oranges? Here we have a comparrison of Vas., Both quality ones I might add.
I have for this tasting chosen CCDL from 7-"03, HCC 10-12-06, I have smoked only these two blends, in 3 pipes , Tinsky Xmas 2** blast grp5, Berkshire by Tinsky grp 5, S.S. Pierce billard /saddle bit grp3, approx. 25 bowlsfull.
I have found that I can puffaway very nicely without any bite, especially on the older CCDL, maybe body chemistry comes in here, but I think not I think it is the age of the Vas. themselves, we think nothin of putting other tobaccos houses[ Mc, escudo,Wessex etc.], away for years until deem ready to smoke, why not these?
What do I do now? Order More!! :lol: Ken
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :pirat:

Even' PD, Truthfully I get more flavor from HCC, it seems fuller,younger as the sample was it probably had this advantage, but again great smokes both, Ken.
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: :pirat:

Great review, Ken, but I must respectfully disagree with you about the amount of Perique in Heinrich Special Selection Curly Cut. My tobacconist said that it was 2 or 3%, just enough to give it some subtle spice; my own recent smoking of a 3+ y/o tin concurred with this proportion in that I don't taste it. I do however second your take on the VAs--they are very tasty.