Cd players

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger107

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys. I am looking for a multi disc cd player to replace my 20 year old Sony that has gone funky. Hard to find but I have probably 200+ cds and still prefer them over streaming. Looked at an Onkyo CD390, gets good reviews. Anyone familiar with them? Any suggestions/advice on alternatives? I know Marantz is top of the line but cannot justify 3K for a cd player. Any advice appreciated. Thanks,

I somewhat keep a pulse on audio products...somewhat. I believe NAD CD players are considered top value (playback quality + price). I'm not sure if they offer a multi- player, though. I'd look into their line. Just to throw it out there, in case you have one, Playstations, especially the older ones, have VERY good audio mechanisms in them.

Truthfully, the only CD I play very often is Doug Maynard, Lost In The Blues. Doug died suddenly in 1991 at age 40. He was a friend, as were some of his band members, two of whom I know are still performing. The lead guitar player in the video is still quite active in his early 70s.

I'd check local ads, Facebook Marketplace, etc. Lots of people are selling their component systems dirt cheap because they've gone to streaming music. I got downright steals on the components in my stereo system. You can good name brands that way, too.

Doug died suddenly in 1991 at age 40. He was a friend, as were some of his band members, two of whom I know are still performing. The lead guitar player in the video is still quite active in his early 70s.
Here's that lead guitar player, still paying in his 70s a couple of years ago. I remember when he was about 10-years-old astounding people as he played amazing flamenco guitar.

Last edited: