Central TX checking in

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryInVA

Reaction score
I know my name says I'm in VA, but since I took that name back in the early 2000's. Since then I've moved to MD, NM, and now settled down in College Station, TX. I've hung around pipe smoking boards since the alt.smoking.pipes days (was Azteca911 on there).

I've worked in a tobacco shop on the weekends as the pipe guy. I had to sell a lot of my cellar when I lost my job, along with some pretty sweet pipes.

I'm 61 with two teenagers so hobby money is tight. I skateboard (started 1975), mountain bike, and will start my pipe smoking back in earnest here shortly.

My current job is about to change the tobacco policy so I can pick up the pipe after a four year hiatus. I'm a big vaper fan. Love strong burley blends. Sometimes during the winter latakias find their way into my rotation.

Hopefully I can contribute to the banter here and not get into too much trouble.

Last edited:
Welcome to the group. Dated a gal once from College Station but that was back in the early 90's. Met her in Sturgis. Really cute blond named Darlene. If you run into her tell her I said hi, lol. Feel free to join in the banter. We do have lot of that on here.

Hey It’s GaryInVA! Welcome to BoB! Good to see you here brother!