Certificate of Appreciation

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
The state of ME is handing out Certificates of Appreciation for the 50th Anniversary of the escalation of the war in Vietnam for those who served there. While it will be a few months more before I went there 48 years ago it covers anyone who served from 1967-1975. Next Saturday lhe local American Legion in town is having a luncheon for the same reason. I plan on attending with my wife although at times it feels like many lifetimes ago or not all that long ago, it makes one stop and reflect nonetheless. Here is the certificate with coin up top.
banjo

34279091040_1d8dd79952_h_d.jpg

Thanks for your service and glad you are being recognized.

Dang nice of them to do this for all of you!! Dang nice of you to do what you did for them and your country!!! Many thanks from one vet to another!! :cheers: FTRPLT ('72-'73)

That's an awesome thing for Maine to do for it's veterans! Thank you for your service!

Thank you and to others, for their service and responses.

My wife and I went to the American Legion Post 50 luncheon today and here is a shot of the organization that sponsored the luncheon along with the Legion and three organizations in town that supplied the food.

Here is the flag of the sponsor

33939545874_3c7ca0df40_z_d.jpg

Here is a shot of the Vietnam Veterans who came, as you can see my wife jumped the gun and didn't catch me saluting.
banjo

34649268411_4631333c28_z_d.jpg

The poor schmoo in the center wearing blue thanks you for yours as well brother.
banjo

Blackhorse":0lw2a7b4 said:
From one Vietnam Nam vet to another...well done brother.

That's great news Banjo. Good to see vets and serving members are held in such high esteem in the US. Here in the UK veterans of both World Wars are highly regarded, but not so much beyond that.

Actually vets from the Vietnam and Korean wars have never been recognized like those from WW I and II in the US. This is the first formal recognition taken and started by Pres. Obama to be taken nationwide until it has reached each state. I know many returning Vietnam Veterans returned to a less than appreciating nation due to the times.
banjo

Stick":fvxs9z2h said:
That's great news Banjo. Good to see vets and serving members are held in such high esteem in the US.  Here in the UK veterans of both World Wars are highly regarded, but not so much beyond that.